+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frankie41 is offline I make milk.. What's your super power?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How far were you, before you booked your first antenatal appointment?

Just wondering when you all were booked in for your first antenatal appointment at the hospital? I can't seem to remember when I was booked in with my other two, but I was sure it was reasonably early.
    The reason I'm asking is because I called up to book in about 4 weeks ago, (I was 15 weeks at the time), and after telling her my EDD & all that jazz, she booked me in for March 23rd, which will date me as 21 weeks. I was sure my first antenatal appointment with DS2 was well and truly before my 18 week scan..
    My main concern is that I want to get into the birth centre, where they only take 4 women per month so you need to get in early, and to book in there you need to be checked etc to make sure your pregnancy is low risk.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It was after my 20 week ultrasound - I had been going through my GP before this point (I was doing shared care)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi i booked mine at around 6 weeks and my first appoint was 10week with the ob.. So before the 12 weeks scan.. As long as you have the appointment booking then your in is how i see it...

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Made in England is offline thought it was about time I put something other than 'senior member'...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going public, and my gp sent my referral off when I was 7 weeks. I received my letter from the hospital stating my first appointment is booked with them on 13th April, which will put me at just over 16 weeks.

With DD, I went public also, but at a different hospital, and I think my first appointment was at 14 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did shared care with dd and will be doing the same for this bub. I'm 6 weeks and will call this week. I remember last time, I was about 11 weeks when I saw the midwife. I then continued to see my Gp and only had a few app's with the hospital to talk about scans and test etc. I think you should call again and enquire about how you can book into the birthing centre? Say you have an appointment but dont want to miss out on place

Thanks
    Reviews
    Between 6 and 12 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I booked for my ob at 4 weeks, she books out otherwise! Glad I did as I got the last spot for the month I was due!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 4 weeks when I booked in (benefit of doing IUI!) and had the first appt at 9 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    18 weeks but I had had a couple of private midwife appointments before that (shared care).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm high risk and needed surgery at 14 weeks, so it was about 12 weeks for my first appt. They had said they generally don't take bookings before about 18 weeks generally