+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Interpreting estrogen levels.. Pls help!

Hi everyone,

Need your expert help! πŸ˜ƒ

Had bloods this morning and fn has just called me to say everything is on track and my estrogen level is at 5155.. Can someone please help me with that one?

Last cycle I only got to 2000... With that I got 9 eggs but 5 were 'empty'

Thanks again!

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My estrogen was at 5700 at 'go time' and I only got 5 eggs, but ended up with 4 great quality embryos.

I don't think the estrogen number makes a difference to the amount of eggs does it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea Disney!

I did read something that the level is around 200 per mature follie..

Who know! I don't care if I get 9 again but praying I get follies with eggies inside! πŸ™

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jessesgirl,

The level of Estorgen will vary depending on each individual. The clinic measures the Estrogen to try and establish how many mature eggs you will get at EPU. From my Stim cycles i know that i personally have around 800iu – 1000iu for every mature egg. The measurement is the most accurately done the day of the Trigger injection. On my last stim cycle my levels were 19000 (i got severe OHSS) and i got 25 eggs but 20 were mature. That being said another lady on my thread has Estrogen of approx 500iu per every mature egg so it varies greatly between each person.

I think it’s a great improvement on your last cycle honey. All the best for your EPU.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EternalOptimist For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was just thinking of you lovely!!

Oh wow... That's a big jump.. I hope your wrong then for my cycle at least!! Haha..

Guess I'll know more after Wednesday! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not sure how it works but my second cycle 7eggs were retrieved and my estrogen went up to 25,000 in the 2ww... Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Estrogen Levels

Hi Jessesgirl

As EO has explained, 800-1000 per mature follicle is the Australian estimate for a mature egg - though as with most things it's a guideline. The US state 200 per mature egg though they use a different unit of measurement than we do. They also have different units for measuring AMH levels too so be careful in interpreting US websites and research!

Good luck for your EPU. All sounding good so far. Remember, it's quality over quantity.

Wish

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

Kenta  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wishmeluck View Post
    Hi Jessesgirl

As EO has explained, 800-1000 per mature follicle is the Australian estimate for a mature egg - though as with most things it's a guideline. The US state 200 per mature egg though they use a different unit of measurement than we do. They also have different units for measuring AMH levels too so be careful in interpreting US websites and research!

Good luck for your EPU. All sounding good so far. Remember, it's quality over quantity.

Wish
    Very true re quality over quantity. My nurse explained that usually the less eggs the better the quality, most people that have lots of eggs retrieved, a huge percent don't make it and that 7-11 eggs is the average amount they hope to retrieve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS doesn't do blood test during my cycle. I don't know why or how it helps to know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NewIVF View Post
    My FS doesn't do blood test during my cycle. I don't know why or how it helps to know?
    I'm pretty sure your estrogen has to be a certain level to maintain a pregnancy and also particularly when doing ivf there is the risk of over stimulation which can be dangerous hence why most clinics do monitor their clients. Mine escalated during the 2ww, was fine before the transfer, I was at risk of getting a dvt and had to have medication to control it so lucky I was monitored.