+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default cat peeing??

My cat is approx 8 years off age, and lately she is peeing on everthing inside ie: clothing.

his morning she peed on my hand bag why is she doing this what can I do for her to stop this its driving me mental

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would take her to the vet, cats are very susceptible to urinary tract and kidney problems, particularly as they age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has there been any major stresses in your cat's life recently? This can affect their toileting. I would definitely take her to the vet though, as a PP said. I had major p00 issues with my little kitty, and it turned out he wasn't well at all Once you eliminate health reasons you can start looking at other reasons. I feel for you. The smell of cat wee and p00 is sooooo hard to get rid of!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Mine is doing the same thing he is about 10 yrs old. I am desperately trying to find another home for him as i can not handle it anymore and he is currently living on the roof outside because of the dog.

I feel so bad but with DD into EVERYTHING and putting everything in her mouth, i just cant keep him inside....

Thanks
    Reviews
    AHH! My cat has chosen to do pee and do runny poo's in my sons bed! I don't know why she is doing this all of a sudden! She knows that if she stands near the front or back door she can be let out to do her business. She has to be outside 99% of the time now because she has become such a problem inside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies, it has gone away now thank go. The only thing that i can think of is that i put one of my doggies down at the beginning of the year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you seen her do it?
    Is it squatting or does she put her bum up against something with her tail in the air flicking and spray? If its standing and it drips down or she squats then it's a urine or age forgetful problem, if she backs her bum up against something and it sprays then it's territory/anger thing.

My partners cat is old, she's sprayed before but never in the house (car tyres etc). Then we brought home a kitten, she did it all the time! Would get punished and put outside etc. a year later she doesn't do it very often, but every now and then she still does it. Last time she did it I believe it's because we refused to feed her our food and she got angry, jumped up on my partners lap and sprayed on the curtains next to him.

now that we've got a bub on the way, if her behavior becomes a problem we know we are going to have to remove her or atleast make her an outside cat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cats usually do this as a way of telling you something is wrong. She may have had an infection that cleared up on its own. She may have some other serious problems that may need looking into in the future.

FYI, the lower a cat squats when it pees, the more pain it is in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KAnn View Post
    I would take her to the vet, cats are very susceptible to urinary tract and kidney problems, particularly as they age.
    This is what happened to my cat, she was 13, started peeing everywhere, took her the vets, apparently not only did she have thyroid problems but her kidneys were failing AND she had a UTI....poor thing died 6 months later despite everything we tried to do to help her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Our older family cat did this. She started peeing on the stove. Mum took her to the Vet (she was cleared of UTI) and he put her on anxiety tablets which helped a lot! She had not long gone deaf by that stage so it was a big help for her.

Good luck.