+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got a Bumbo for my son when he was aprox 4 months. I loved it, and used it quite a bit so DS could sit next to me and watch me cook/clean and sit outside etc. As others have mentioned, there is not a lot of leg room and my bub was a fatty! I only used it for a few months because by 6 months he was able to sit up by himself and didn't need it anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, they have great resale value! I picked mine up for around $60 new, and people are paying up to $50 for a used one on Ebay!

As for the safety concerns, I think parents need to use common sense when it comes to baby products.. it even says on the Bumbo not to leave infants unattended.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also highly recommend the bumbo ive been using it since my baby was 9 weeks old shes 5 months old now and we still use it everyday and take it with us when we go out to people's houses, restaurants ect. I purchased the tray table that attaches to it which is coming in handy now for when shes having rusks ect, easy to clean as well. You wont be dissapointed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mamas & Papas have a very similar chair called a 'Snug'. It has more thigh room for chubby babies. It also has a detachable section so that it can fit much larger/older kids and it comes with a tray. We love ours.

http://www.babyvillage.com.au/playti...apas_baby_snug
    Last edited by Windupbird; 02-04-2012 at 08:05.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Windupbird For This Useful Post:

skebn  (31-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought a 2nd hand bumbo for $20 at a kid's market. It's 'fun' for short periods, but I don't have her in it for long stretches, as I believe that if she doesn't have the core strength yet to sit up, then she shouldn't yet be sitting up! Bit of a gimmick that we're enjoying, for the moment. DD is 5mo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my Bumbo I got it with my ds and it is now 7 years old and till in perfect condition ! my dd is 15 mths old and I now take mine everywhere so that I have a highchair or place for her to sit to eat when at friends houses and she loves it and I love it cause it is easy to clean.
    I also loved it because my dd has behind and still is in her physical development and this chair allowed her to sit up and watch the other kids even when she couldn't sit up by herself which made for a much happier baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm going to go against the crowds and say that ours didn't work for our 2 kiddies. My ds had chubby thighs by the time he was ready to use it, so couldn't really fit in it for very long and wasn't that happy in it anyway ... when he dropped a toy he couldn't reach to pick it up again. That was a while ago so I didn't have a tray then.

I bought a tray to use with the bumbo for my dd and she liked her bumbo for a short time (a few weeks, intermittently). Then she started pushing herself backwards & almost falling out. Yes, you can supervise your children, but seriously I needed to be within arms reach when I put her in it, cause she'd push herself to straight & come super close to falling out. Yes, she was on the floor and the floor has carpet, but it still would have been quite a fall if she'd got out. I've stopped using it as a result. I tried once with the tray on to stop her getting out, just she still tried to get out & got hysterical & the tray is quite tricky to get off in a rush.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds absolutely hated his! He cried every time we put him in it