+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Bumbo bay seat

i am thinking of buying a bumbo baby seat for my 5mth old daughter, a friend told me about them as she got one for her daughter and recommended them. I was just wondering what other people thought of them are they any good ?

Would appreciate any advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have one, it is awesome - I wouldn't recommend though if you have a chubba bubba, as their legs may not fit. See if you can try your bub in your friend's first. I know Big W now sells them too. Also, just be aware that once bub is long enough they may be able to 'kick' off the ground with their foot and topple it over... However though like I said, we love ours! Good luck...

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Have had our bumbo for both DD's & LOVE IT!

One of the best, most used piece of equipment bought!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've had our bumbo seat since DD2 was about 5 months and it's really useful. I pop her in there for food, haven't bought a highchair. We also bought the tray so she can keep some toys there to play with. I think we'll be using it for a while as DD2 is a small baby. I plan on selling it when we no longer need it and they seem to sell at a good price even second hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've got one. DD likes it well enough and I think we'll use it as a sort of high chair.

As PP mentioned, if your bub has chubby thighs they might not be able to fit in it. My DD is 5 months this week and she only just fits into it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got a Bumbo when DD was 4/5 months old and it's been fantastic. We mainly used it to feed her and still use it as a highchair. Ive put her in her own highchair a couple if times but always revert to the bumbo as its so much easier to keep clean haha! When we went away say it was great as we used it in the apartment, on the bracket, by the pool...everywhere! It was great when she was little too and starting to roll as she couldn't just be propped up on the sofa anymore to look at everything. Obviously if you have a chubby legged bubba you might not get much use out of it but DD is tiny - she turns 1 on Saturday and I reckon we've got another couple of months to go with it yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone for all of your opinions unfortunately my friend lives in the country 3hrs away from me so borrowing hers isn't a option so i think i will just take a chance and buy one and see how she goes in it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They were re-called a while ago so not sure why they're still selling. Reason was if kids rocked backwards hard enough they can fall backwards. Probably not a massive thing unless they're on a table or backless chair. I've had friends who have them with issues. So as long as you don't leave them unattended or on a table etc you should be ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundleoflove View Post
    They were re-called a while ago so not sure why they're still selling. Reason was if kids rocked backwards hard enough they can fall backwards. Probably not a massive thing unless they're on a table or backless chair. I've had friends who have them with issues. So as long as you don't leave them unattended or on a table etc you should be ok.
    Thats what I thought... Recalled because of babies falling forwards resulting in head injuries..

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have one with the tray and are still using it as a high chair at 17 months. So easy to clean. I stick ours on the kitchen bench when we are making cakes and things and dd watches and helps mix. There was a recall overseas for safety reasons but if you supervise your bubba and don't leave them unattended bumbos are great.