+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm feeling very cautiously excited as I think I saw a faint line this morning - it really is several days before I was due to test, but my boobs started feeling tender last night (I know that could be AF coming too, but I couldn't wait any longer!!!) It was REALLY faint (I don't even think it would show in a photo) but I'll admit to POAS 2 days ago too (very early but too excited to wait!) and in comparing the two I'm sure I see a faint line today but not then. I'm going to do another one tomorrow with FMU and hope I can see it again!!

The only thing is, I haven't used this brand before (it's not one of the cheaper ones though, it is a FRER test) so I don't know if I'm seeing an evap line. I just went and bought a box of 3 of the brand I've used before for tomorrow. Not telling DH till I've seen the one tomorrow... so have to tell someone!!

Not wanting to get my hopes up but feeling pretty excited at the same time. Lots of babydust to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Question: I had positive opks Saturday, Sunday & Monday. Didn't test yesterday, but did today (poas addict). Anywho, was negative, but the second line was still pretty dark! How long until the lh drops? Or is this a good preg sign?
    Boost - I had 5 days of positive tests this cycle which obviously isn't really positive. I've heard of heaps of false positives with this test kit though and the advice was to NOT use FMU (as it is too much of a build up of LH and can show a positive when the levels really aren't that high), but to leave urine in the bladder for only 4 hours and test that instead. I just did FMU as I had to go to work etc so probably got postives for that reason.

What time of day were you testing? If you don't have PCO (and therefore normal levels of LH) the level ususally spikes and drops within a 24-48 hr kind of timeframe. Depending on the sensitivity of the kits you are using, you may see it rising, at it's peak, and dropping (but still high enough to record a surge) over a few days (if that makes sense). But I would have thought three days max. You can often see a T line present but not as dark, before and after the surge as there is still some LH there - just not a "positive" result.

Any DTD around this time is probably good though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't test today ladies but bought a different brand tonight - Crystal Blue! Still no AF do will test in the morning :-) Fingers crossed, if no BFP then I have no idea what my body is doing... Should I go to the doctors? Anyone ever not had a reading but been pregnant? My boobs are fairly tender...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquiLea View Post
    Didn't test today ladies but bought a different brand tonight - Crystal Blue! Still no AF do will test in the morning :-) Fingers crossed, if no BFP then I have no idea what my body is doing... Should I go to the doctors? Anyone ever not had a reading but been pregnant? My boobs are fairly tender...
    I was almost 10 weeks along before I got a bfp with my 6 year old ds even though I did heaps and heaps of tests!! I really hope you get your bfp tomorrow but I would definitely make an appointment with the dr either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Happykat. Get bloods done if in doubt. Fx for you.

Fx for you too veggiemama

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquiLea View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was the brand that I bought that gave me evap lines both times and it turned out to definitely be a negative, so maybe it won't for you, but just FYI. I would definitely go to the Dr to ask for blood tests - if you ask them to mark it as urgent you can get the results the same day (even within a few hours). No AF is encouraging though - hopefully it's just the test kits...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I join in here? I'm CD19. I had a + OPK last night and negative (faint) tonight. Will wait for temp rise tomorrow to see if I ovulated today. DH got called into work tonight so hopefully if I have ovulated today we caught the egg the last 3 nights. I have a referral for bloods for 7DPO to see what is going on due to long cycles and to see if I am ovulating. Really hoping we are lucky this month...

Congratulations to the BFP's this month!!!

JacquiLea you get your BFP soon, maybe go to the dr's if you want confirmation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome maybee baybee! Hope you are ovulating this month! I got my first pos opk on d19 too... Wasn't sure I was ovulating until now...

Sorry, never uploaded a photo to this forum before so hope that worked! Definite positive today! Still a fainter line but no needing to hold it up to the light and wonder if I was imagining it! Will go to dr to get a slip for bloods to confirm levels today, but told dh this morning and he's so excited (just a little disapointed it happened so quickly as that's probably the end of me demanding dtd!!)

Anyone else got news yet?
    Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Attached Images

9. The Following User Says Thank You to veggiemama For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by veggiemama View Post
    Welcome maybee baybee! Hope you are ovulating this month! I got my first pos opk on d19 too... Wasn't sure I was ovulating until now...

Sorry, never uploaded a photo to this forum before so hope that worked! Definite positive today! Still a fainter line but no needing to hold it up to the light and wonder if I was imagining it! Will go to dr to get a slip for bloods to confirm levels today, but told dh this morning and he's so excited (just a little disapointed it happened so quickly as that's probably the end of me demanding dtd!!)

Anyone else got news yet?
    Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks so much Larazie!!