+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to sound really wrong here but I don't understand why $50 matters? If the agreement was $150 and she paid u $100 after not actually staying a night, I would be pretty content with that. May explain why I've been walked over in the past.

Oprah once said and I agree that you should never lend money to friends. Only give what you can afford to lose. Maybe easy for Oprah but she has a point.

I would be very careful about your level of involvement with a friend so unstable. You don't have to disown her but you need to be careful her dramas don't affect you or bring you down with her.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vic35 For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic35 View Post
    I'm going to sound really wrong here but I don't understand why $50 matters? If the agreement was $150 and she paid u $100 after not actually staying a night, I would be pretty content with that. May explain why I've been walked over in the past.

Oprah once said and I agree that you should never lend money to friends. Only give what you can afford to lose. Maybe easy for Oprah but she has a point.

I would be very careful about your level of involvement with a friend so unstable. You don't have to disown her but you need to be careful her dramas don't affect you or bring you down with her.
    I must have misread the part about her not staying with you. In that case I'd be happy with the $100 you got too. She didnt stay or use any utilities all that was there was her belongings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic35 View Post

I agree, it's $50... she didn't even stay there and as someone else said the money was spent on food which you would of been able to eat yourself, so you aren't really out of pocket. Is leave it, move on

Thanks
    Reviews
    She used my house as storage though AFTER agreeing to stay with me and live here. If she had said after a day that she didn't want to stay here with me and my ds i would be ok with that, but she didn't, it was after i called her up on the fact she never spend time here despite saying several days that she would be back that night and then never showing up, that she said she didn't have to spend any time here if she didn't want to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There is this saying...

"If you lend someone $20, and you never hear from them again, it's $20 well spent."

I think it's totally applicable in your case. It sounds like too much drama, too much effort and too much negativity...who really needs all that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think if someone CHOOSES to be that bad a mother that she has her kids removed from her care then that says it all really.

Why are you expecting someone that can't even be there for her kids to be a reliable friend to you? Its sorta expecting a scorpion to be a lamb, it just aint gonna happen.

I would let the 50 dollars go, its not like she ate your food or used your facilities and if you can't let a friend store some stuff for a short while , what sort of friend are you?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (12-03-2012),spitthedummy  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with the others. You were paid $100 to store her stuff. Not your original agreement but you're not really out of pocket. Are you just annoyed with her being a bad friend/mum/person so you're focusing on the money so you have something to be mad about?

Just let the money go, let the anger go, and let the friendship go. She has enough problems going on, you don't need to try and punish her.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Arusaamatus  (12-03-2012),Deserama  (12-03-2012),spitthedummy  (12-03-2012)