Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Clan of the cave bear series by Jean M Auel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love Jemima J - By Jane Green...

It's an easy read - not too deep about a chick transforming her unhealthy lifestyle ... I reread it often for inspiration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have read some on these and been wanting to read everything else that has been mentioned!! Thanks guys. Good taste in books btw. How am I going to decide what to read first!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The Great Gatsby - set in the 1920s it's about a man who throws lavish parties and a couple who are part of the social elite. Don't mind my crap description I'm running on coffee this morning but this book is a classic and I've read it over and over. I love it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (20-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Elle sounds interesting will add it to the list

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    To Kill A Mockingbird - 3 kids in the south learn some hard lessons about life and the world and discover the good in people that they least expect. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. So amazing. Good old movie too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elleandsam View Post
    The Great Gatsby - set in the 1920s it's about a man who throws lavish parties and a couple who are part of the social elite. Don't mind my crap description I'm running on coffee this morning but this book is a classic and I've read it over and over. I love it.
    Oh I love this book, and have read it several times since I first had it in high school English.I'm hoping the movie doesn't ruin it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Red Tent - Anita Diamant

If you're familiar with the Old Testament. It's the story of Jacobs 4 wives, life of women in those times and the women's perspective of the story (not from a religious POV). It's about sisterhood, motherhood... definitely one of my all time favourite books.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Bexta  (12-03-2012),Gandalf  (12-03-2012),SassyMummy  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    No no no!! I have read these 1000000000 times! I listen to the audio book non stop! It's not normal!! Hahaha. Im Harry crazy

I haven't read this book in years!
    Hahaha! So am I! Love Harry!
    It's my birthday this weekend and my husband told me yesterday he has booked flights to Sydney, organized a babysitter and we are staying there for the week end... Wait for it... TO GO TO THE HARRY POTTER EXPO!!! Woohoo! Haha we get to see actual props and clothing ect from the movies!! I'm soooo excited! I feel like a 10 year old :-D

Daughter> 03/02/2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this much is true - Wally Lamb

It IS long, but not boring.
    Can't really describe what it's about - twin brothers, one has schizophrenia. It's about them, their life, their family/history etc. Both mine and hubbys favourite book.
    (I also LOVED 'she's come undone' by Wally. It's a much shorter read. I was so impressed by his ability to write a female narrative so well).

Also, the power of one - Bryce Courtenay. I've read it about 13000 times. (and the subsequent books). It's set in south Africa. It's such a wonderful book.

Off to look up some of these other books you guys recommended.