+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default All time favorite book?

Tell me your all time favorite book and an extremely brief description (no spoilers )

I am wanted to download some new books for my Kobo and would love some recommendations.

I don't like anything too "real" I can't deal with child Abuse books or anything like that. I also don't like the real long boring ones that seem to go nowhere

Thanks babes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pride and prejudice by Jane Austin. A well written romance novel that gives an insiders look at living in the Victorian era. Characters that you fall in love with.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nomes83 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (20-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The Harry potter series, I just loved the way J.K took you to a different world, and there was 7 books which I loved!
    I also loved the book "the outsiders" I don't know why but I just got stuck right into it

Daughter> 03/02/2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    The Harry potter series, I just loved the way J.K took you to a different world, and there was 7 books which I loved!
    I also loved the book "the outsiders" I don't know why but I just got stuck right into it

Daughter> 03/02/2011
    No no no!! I have read these 1000000000 times! I listen to the audio book non stop! It's not normal!! Hahaha. Im Harry crazy

Quote Originally Posted by nomes83 View Post
    Pride and prejudice by Jane Austin. A well written romance novel that gives an insiders look at living in the Victorian era. Characters that you fall in love with.
    I haven't read this book in years!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Just some books I really enjoyed:

The Other Boleyn Girl - the whole Henry VIII thing when he meets Anne Boleyn... but told from the perspective of her sister, Mary. So we get the Anne/Henry story, but a lot more about Mary and her life as well. It got me into reading.

Oryx and Crake AND Year of the Flood (Margaret Atwood) - these go together. Not as a sequel/prequel thing, but more as a side-by-side tale... set in hte same time, sharing some characters, etc etc. It's a dystopian future, but it's really enjoyable. There's crazy animal stuff going on (genetic splicing and such) and there's some crazy groups... all very interesting regardless.

A Thousand Splendid Suns - a bit sad, a bit hopeful... set a few decades back in the Middle East. Deals with a girl who's married young to a much older man... and how she's treated by him. Later on, he marries another girl, much younger again still... and the relationship that grows between the two women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sas they sound good. Will add them to my list!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The Bronze Horseman by Paulina Simons. It's a love story I guess is the best way to describe it, set in Russia during the war. It's part of a trilogy of books,but the original one was the best.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Awesome For This Useful Post:

earthfairy  (12-03-2012),tatia&shura  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The seven waters trilogy by Juliet Marillier - a series of books spanning several generations, centring around the women in an irish clan and their ties to the earth (for the record - i suck at explaining this. but the books are divine).
    The first one is a fully-fledged story of the 'six swans' grimm fairy tale.

Diana Gabaldons 'outlander series' - Claire ends up going through a time-warp in a stonehenge like rock formation, and ends up in scottland two hundred years prior.
    action, love, murder, mystery etc etc - awesome set of books

Thanks
    Reviews
    The bronze horseman by Paulina Simons. Its a 4 book series. Read it. Its amazing

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't choose just one!

- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

- Tully by Paullina Simons

- White Gardenia by Belinda Alexander