+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Teachers aide or childcare??

I am a mother of three DD aged 7 8 and 12. I work as a security officer. My DH is also a security officer we work 24 hour rotating roster and our hours clash. I don't have much family support for my children. Due to financial commitments I know I have to work. But I also want another baby as we are a blended family. And hubby and I would love a bub of our own. I feel so guilty because I don't spend much time with my girls. Can any one give me advice on a new career path. Would be awesome. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You need to commit to doing your cert III to work in childcare, so it's a lot of work for not very much money to begin with. It's also hard to get permanent hours to fit work around your kids, that sort of priority goes to staff who've been there a while. You'd also more than likely have to put your kids in before and/or after care if your hubby is working.
    I think out of the two, being a teacher's aide is much more family friendly. It'd still be hard work, but I think it's more family friendly. (I worked in childcare for 3.5 years and have volunteered in a primary school so I've experienced both). A lot of schools can't really afford teacher's aides though, and rely on parents to do that. Have you thought about doing integration?

Approaching your kids' school principal might be a good starting point. They should be able to point you in the right direction
    Are you mainly interested in working with kids?

Similar Threads

1. teacher aide - selection criteria.
    By MoOaNdLiTtLePoPpEt in forum Working Hubbers - Employed
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-05-2012, 19:53
  2. Cervix positon to aide fertility? Does anyone know about it.
    By bubbimummi in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-04-2012, 10:04
  3. Teachers Aide - Special Needs
    By becster in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 22:10