+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Melbourne IVF Clinic anyone??

Reason for asking is I had my very first transfer today.
    On the DVD pack they sent me it showed when they did the transfer they did an ultrasound & showed the implanted embryo in your uterus?

This didn't happen for me today, I would not have even knew if it was in me for sure... My gf at Monash IVF had this done also, I'm feeling disappointed & worried.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks!! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marttc, I had 7 transfers with Melb IVF and not once did they use and ultrasound. They just put the catheter in and then took it back to the dish and checked that the embryos were gone. Once they were still there and we had to do it all again.....

I know some places do use Ultrasound but have never heard of Melb IVF doing them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay, thank you for helping me put my mind at ease
    Which doc do you see, I'm thinking of changing mine - decided we don't really like him :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    MARTTC, I had two transfers with MIVF before...I dont remember having U|S with them. But they did show me my embies on the big tele screen before they transferred them. So after that I didnt even know if they are in me. The embryologist would check to see if the embies are stil in the catheter and they would check that the petri dish was empty too. Not there means in the uterus.

With Monash IVF, they use external U/S to show us how they guided the catheter in, they didnt show me my embies on any tele screen. When the embies are in, we cant see them too as they are so tiny, we can only see the catheter. FS would say there...the embies are in, right there...thereafter I also dont know if the embies are in...same feeling I got

Congrats on being PUPO!!!.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks... Yeah it's a horrible feeling, I laughed at something the lady said in the room while the dr was putting the embie in & I thought, great, I probably pushed it out with my pelvic mussels - hmmm guess all I can do now is wait 14 days to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    You wont have pushed them out Marttc....no matter if you laughed or not....unfortunately this is just one of those times you need to have faith.....

Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had a number of transfers with Melb IVF and they never use ultrasound. Monash IVF always uses ultrasound and I am waiting for transfer this Thursday at Monash. We have moved clinics. I had no success at Melb IVF after 3 fresh cycles 6 transfers and unwillingness to try anything different for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We also changed clinic after one cycle with Melbourne IVF, reason being the distance. We almost died travelling from SE all the way to the Womens early mornings. Monash IVF is a stone's throw from us and they have HA ICSI which we wanted to use for male fertility issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Monash IVF require a full bladder to do the transfer with ultrasound. How uncomfortable is it with a full bladder???

Thanks
    Reviews
    After having tf with both Monash and MIVF I asked both fs at each clinic why they do at Monash and why they don't at MIVF

MIVF responded with they are all well trained fs and are experienced with tf therefore do not need us assistance.

Monash responded with there has been research to show a 3% success in bfp with the use of guided tf with ultrasound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk