+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default A bit confused

Last week I did a hpt (clear blue digital) and got a positive result. But on Friday I started bleeding. I called my Dr who said it was nothing to worry about because I wasn't in pain but it's now Sunday and I'm still bleeding. So after a lot of research I thought I would do another test. This time I chose first response. The one that you pee into a cup and then dip the test in. I got a very dark control line but the second line was barely visable. I have since seen that clear blue does give a lot of false postives. I guess I just want to know what you think and if anyone has had anything similar. I don't know if I am or not now and so confused. I'm going to the Doctor tomorrow but if anyone can shed some light on any of these issues I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Hate to say it but it's sounds like a m/c to me the digitals tend to be less sensitive than the first responses so to get a pos on the first and then a faint a week later on FR after bleeding.... I may be wrong though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    how accurate are home tests/ different tests brands

when is a miscarriage a miscarriage if you don't test you don't actually know if it is really early before next period

how much hcg does a stick actually pick up when testing early

is a chemical pregnancy and a miscarriage the same thing or just words

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd just wait till you get a blood test at your docs and try not to stress. It could be completely normal or a m/c.

Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Depending on the test digitals pick up 25-50 mlU/ml, clearblue are 50 I think? First Response Early Response is 10 and the FR strip is 25 I think. So the lower the number the earlier it shows up.

A chemical pg doesn't implant properly, with a m/c it does.

IME you know when you're having a m/c as opposed to a period. I suffered from years of endometriosis and very heavy periods and I've never had a bleed like my m/c in nov I was going thru a super pad every 30-40 mins the first 12 hours, then it slowed to like a period for about 5-6 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Home pregnancy tests never worked for me in the early weeks and I was pregnant both times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. I don't really like the strip test. I did that one first and it came up negative. The next day still no period (I'm never late and by then I was a few days late) so I did the Clear Blue digital. Since then I have heard they tell a lot of people they are pregnant when they aren't. Grrr should have just gone with the same one I used when I fell pregnant with Franklyn. That was a first response but the plastic ones that come up with the lines in the window. I guess we will know everything tomorrow. Just hoping and praying that without pain and not being a heavy bleed that it's nothing. My period is normally heavier than this. Will let you know what Dr says tomorrow night. Fingers crossed it's all ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news. Dr is still sure it is implantation bleeding. I asked him how long he thinks it might last and he said that depends on the size of the blood vessel that burst. As long as there is no pain he says don't worry. I have to book an ultrasound for next week to check for a heart beat. Fingers are crossed so at the moment no pain but still a bit of bleeding but I'm pretty happy at the moment.