+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    I found a low GI diet best for getting rid of bloating!
    Unfortunately I can't stick to it anymore lol.
    High protein, low carb. You don't have to cut all carbs out, it's just about making the better choice between complex and simple carbs. That and drinking plenty of water.
    Also maybe try some Metamucil?
    Where did you find this low GI diet? Im very interested!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Im doing a Paleo diet. High protein, low-no carb. I have some info if you like just PM me If you want it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    Where did you find this low GI diet? Im very interested!
    I took bits and pieces from the Body Trim Concept but with that you have to do a 3 day carb detox where you only eat protein. It made me feel sick!
    I basically ate a lot of fish, chicken and steak (fat cut off and cooked medium to well so I didn't kill all nutrients!) with mostly salad.
    The book tells you what veggies and fruit to steer clear from as some are only good in moderation.
    Also I didn't eat carbs after 6pm so they had time to break down before bed.

It's a great concept, I just got lazy lol. You can pretty much google any low GI diet though and just customise it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Paleo/zone is the best way to go.

and then crossfit 3 times a week! lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is Zone Paleo anyway?

PALEO IS: EAT MEAT (preferably grassfed), EGGS (as close to chickens roaming in your backyard as you can get) and SEAFOOD (wild caught and smaller is better), VEGETABLES (eat for color - get a deep green like kale, and a bright red cabbage in the same week - also, look around - I bet you have no idea what's hiding in your produce section), SOME FRUIT (too much can simply yield different results than too little - as with most things - eat what's in season), LITTLE STARCH (yeah, and here we mean starches that come from root vegetable sources such as rutabagas, parsnips, carrots, beets, carrots, etc.NOTHING THAT COMES IN A BOX OR BAG!), NUTS and SEEDS (too many yields different results than just enough for energy and nuts and seeds that are high in omega-3 fatty acids - i.e. macadamia nuts, walnuts, flax, and hempseeds - are better), and NO SUGAR (seriously - if it absolutely kills you look into some not-so-horrible paleo sugar substitutes).

ZONE is simply eating all of the above in proportions that balance the body's hormonal response to food. Your body composition (lean muscle to fat ratio) effects your performance and zone effects your body composition.

Zone Diet: The Solution

The Zone Diet is clinically proven to reverse cellular inflammation by maintaining the inflammatory hormones generated by the food we eat within a Zone that is not high, but not too low.
    The dietary program is conceptually simple. Simply divide your plate at every meal into three equal sections.
    On one-third of the plate put some low-fat protein that is no bigger or thicker than the palm of your hand. Then fill the other two-thirds of the plate with color carbohydrates (vegetables and fruits). Finally add a dash (that’s a small amount) of fat that is low in omega-6 and saturated fats such as olive oil.
    Your success in constructing a Zone meal is indicated by lack of hunger for the next four to six hours.
    Simple in concept, often difficult in execution because you have avoid many of foods that people love to eat (bread, pizza, pasta, potatoes, and rice). In addition, you have to maintain the appropriate balance of protein, carbohydrate and fat at every meal to maintain the hormonal balance to reduce cellular inflammation.
    Last edited by Ishtyban; 12-03-2012 at 18:56.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (12-03-2012),starflame  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Are you going to the bathroom normal?
    Cut out all alcohol (yes it sucks) for a while.
    Drink 2 ltr of water a day.
    Cut out any fizzy drinks including soda water.
    Reduce carb intake, nothing crazy just cut down.
    Eat all bran in the morning with fruit e.g banana the stuff works!! After a few weeks on it my bloating went down. Yes it has carbs but some carbs are essential in any diet.
    Reduce calorie intake overall. 1500 cals a day is a good place to start.
    Remember weight loss is a gradual thing, it takes time and effort.
    Walk walk walk can't express that enough, excerise alone helps with bloating getting even 30 min at a decent pace e.g your puffing can help bloating and assist weight loss. But remember the calories!

Good luck.
    I would have to agree with this, provided you're certain you aren't celiac or have any intolerances.

I am quite small so a bloat sticks out like a sore thumb on me and it's always when I've relaxed on eating a high fobre diet.

All Bran is the hisghest fibre cereal you can eat, have it with blueberries which are also high in fibre. As well as pears, artichoke, apples.

Also to add to Janesmum's list is chewing gum and other things that contain artificial sweeteners.

And BerylsMum I forgot about your bloating problems, I hope everything turned out to be okay. I was thinking of you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    I took bits and pieces from the Body Trim Concept but with that you have to do a 3 day carb detox where you only eat protein. It made me feel sick!
    I basically ate a lot of fish, chicken and steak (fat cut off and cooked medium to well so I didn't kill all nutrients!) with mostly salad.
    The book tells you what veggies and fruit to steer clear from as some are only good in moderation.
    Also I didn't eat carbs after 6pm so they had time to break down before bed.

It's a great concept, I just got lazy lol. You can pretty much google any low GI diet though and just customise it.
    Ive done Bodytrim!! I was looking great after I lost about 8 kilos but I couldnt keep it up. With my work hours and the having to eat protein every 3 hours it got a bit much for me..I dont like that much protein haha

The Paleo diet sounds interesting..I might have to do a bit of research on it. Thanks for the info ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try apple cidar vinegar in water every morning or if u really can't do it then try lemon squeezed in water..

It's a great digestive and will give you a good clean out!

Pt trainers swear by it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    Paleo/zone is the best way to go.

and then crossfit 3 times a week! lol
    Do you do Paleo?
    I do Paleo, then personal training 3x a week and a 4km round walk 4times a week. Ive just started so unsure of the results, but i really love the diet. BM, i have a recipe book if youd like it. Just PM me

Its basically 'the caveman' diet. If a caveman didnt eat it, you dont
    (ps im no expert, a friend told me about it and it sounds like something id enjoy)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My mother has terrible bloating and has for a long time. Her diet is very healthy, and she's tried a number of things.

She's seeing a naturopath now, and has been having Apple Cider Vinegar made up kinda like tea (so a warm drink really). It's seriously disgusting and I don't know how the hell she gets it down, but her bloating has really eased off! It's the only thing she's tried that's worked, and she's tried a lot of things over the years. You have to get one with "mother" in it though (it will say if it's got this on the bottle).