+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Diet that gets rid of bloating???

Hey there ladies..Currently trying to lose weight and failing miserably I seem to just be putting it on and putting it on. In the past Ive done shakes and strict dieting and although I got the results..Im unwilling to put myself and my body through the stress again.

Im after a way of eating that will help get rid of my bloating! Does anyone follow a great diet that helps with weight loss and gets rid of bloating? Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gloating may be because you are retaining fluid or you could actually be allergic to something, eg a wheat intolerance will cause gloating. Try going without anything with wheat in it for a few days and see if the bloating and a bit of weight goes down.

If it isn't a food intolerance you can help get rid of fluid by using celery tablets, eating less salt and believe it or not drinking more water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would agree with cutting down on wheat. Like breads etc. also any fizzy drinks add to bloating.
    I know you are trying to eat healthy but I also had to cut out broccoli and cauliflower. They cause extra gas when digested.
    Just a few suggestions!! Good luck.
    In lost 25kgs last year and I get bloating etc. I started eating same foods from a smaller plate. Seemed to do the trick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I didnt know that about broccoli and cauliflower!! Soft drink is one of my main downfalls..Will have to cut that out lol! Thanks for that Tamtam!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by louellyn View Post
    Gloating may be because you are retaining fluid or you could actually be allergic to something, eg a wheat intolerance will cause gloating. Try going without anything with wheat in it for a few days and see if the bloating and a bit of weight goes down.

If it isn't a food intolerance you can help get rid of fluid by using celery tablets, eating less salt and believe it or not drinking more water.
    Do oats count as a wheat? I try and eat porridge for breakfast cos I know its good for cholesterol. I try not to eat bread too often either and often replace with Salada crackers. I think Ill give the no wheat a go and see if that helps a bit. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't cut out wheat before having the test!!! It's easier to just get the test to rule it out.

Otherwise if you cut if out, then realize it may be gluten and go to the dr they'll send you away for 4 weeks and tell you to increase your gluten intake before you can do the blood test.

I'd start with stoping the soft drink

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been watching what I eat for the last 6-months and part of losing weight I have reduced carbs, if I eat them I try to have them earlier in the day and minimal amounts, I try to drink a lot of water to flush the crap out, if I don't I end up bloated the next day.

I've cut out most juices and soft drinks, chocolate and other junk, have them occasionally but in small amounts. Avoid carbs in the evening (pizza is a killer, anything with lots of salt will make me bloat like a moo cow haha).

So yeah just a few things I try to avoid. I've been eating a lot of salads, wraps, homemade soups, meat and veg, stirfries those sorta things, also have minimised the potatoes I've been eating too (and I'm a chip freak). Lost around 25-30kgs since I had my son in July last year.
    Last edited by Misheycat; 11-03-2012 at 18:52. Reason: Grammar fix :)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Misheycat For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (28-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you going to the bathroom normal?
    Cut out all alcohol (yes it sucks) for a while.
    Drink 2 ltr of water a day.
    Cut out any fizzy drinks including soda water.
    Reduce carb intake, nothing crazy just cut down.
    Eat all bran in the morning with fruit e.g banana the stuff works!! After a few weeks on it my bloating went down. Yes it has carbs but some carbs are essential in any diet.
    Reduce calorie intake overall. 1500 cals a day is a good place to start.
    Remember weight loss is a gradual thing, it takes time and effort.
    Walk walk walk can't express that enough, excerise alone helps with bloating getting even 30 min at a decent pace e.g your puffing can help bloating and assist weight loss. But remember the calories!

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im going to the bathroom as normal..I dont drink alcohol so dont need to worry about that. I dont drink as much water as I should maybe thats where Im going wrong as well. Ive been wondering about all bran..Im never too sure what cereals to buy though because so many have high sugar contents!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found a low GI diet best for getting rid of bloating!
    Unfortunately I can't stick to it anymore lol.
    High protein, low carb. You don't have to cut all carbs out, it's just about making the better choice between complex and simple carbs. That and drinking plenty of water.
    Also maybe try some Metamucil?