+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fairly certain I will get shot down in flames about this but I don't find his request for his partner to have a Brazilian particularly bad. Okay it was delivered poorly (And I don't know your dh or current situation) but I would hope that in a caring and loving relationship that my partner could request a sexual desire...and I would hope I could fulfill that for him.

Just saying is all!

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_N View Post
    Fairly certain I will get shot down in flames about this but I don't find his request for his partner to have a Brazilian particularly bad. Okay it was delivered poorly (And I don't know your dh or current situation) but I would hope that in a caring and loving relationship that my partner could request a sexual desire...and I would hope I could fulfill that for him.

Just saying is all!
    Ok, sure. Example:

I want an@l s3x with you. I don't care that it hurts you and that you don't enjoy it. Do it anyway.

Really? You would honour that request? Because in my opinion, in a "caring and loving relationship", you both care about what each other don't want to do as much as what you do want to do. That's why it's caring.

Her DH is showing a total lack of care by continuing to force this issue. SHE DOES NOT WANT TO. It hurts, causes her pain and she doesn't want to do it. No one should make her feel bad about not wanting to do this, let alone the man who's meant to care about her the most.

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

babybabycakes  (12-03-2012),Benji  (18-03-2012),Bexta  (12-03-2012),CazHazKidz  (12-03-2012),chameleon  (12-03-2012),CluckySC  (12-03-2012),Disney Baby  (12-03-2012),FloatingFairy  (12-03-2012),Izy  (12-03-2012),MilkingMaid  (12-03-2012),MissMuppet  (12-03-2012),smallpotatoes  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Compromise by saying you'll get it done if he comes along and gets one too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    Ok, sure. Example:

I want an@l s3x with you. I don't care that it hurts you and that you don't enjoy it. Do it anyway.

Really? You would honour that request? Because in my opinion, in a "caring and loving relationship", you both care about what each other don't want to do as much as what you do want to do. That's why it's caring.

Her DH is showing a total lack of care by continuing to force this issue. SHE DOES NOT WANT TO. It hurts, causes her pain and she doesn't want to do it. No one should make her feel bad about not wanting to do this, let alone the man who's meant to care about her the most.
    thank you thank you thank you! Exactly this!

(off topic- but if i wasnt married and also taking shemar moore to the bub hub awards- id ask to take you. Your a credit to the Y chromosome )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babybabycakes For This Useful Post:

GluttonForPunishment  (12-03-2012)

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm making my DH sound like a bad person, he really isn't. He really is a caring person, but sometimes he gets ideas stuck in his head and he isn't happy until they are sorted. His idea this time is a brazilian.

I like the idea of telling him how much they cost, but I'm pretty sure he would be happy if I only got it done the one time just to see how I really feel about it, but I really don't want to...like really really don't want to! I'd rather try and give myself a brazilian before I let someone else

I try and do things he tells me to because I am a pretty closed off person I guess and don't really like to try new things, and he tries to push me to break out of that zone to better myself I suppose. Sometimes it's ok and others it's not. I just don't like it when he makes it sound like I NEVER do anything he says, when if he really thought about it, I try harder than he thinks!

I hope this councelling place gets back to me soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    whatever did men do before brazilians were invented???

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    but sometimes he gets ideas stuck in his head and he isn't happy until they are sorted. His idea this time is a brazilian.
    Meaning until he gets his own way?? Honestly, the only person who has any say over what is done TO YOUR BODY is you. Yes, he can suggest until the cows come home, but the final decision is YOURS and he needs to back off and accept that. That is what respect is about.

I try and do things he tells me to because I am a pretty closed off person I guess and don't really like to try new things, and he tries to push me to break out of that zone to better myself I suppose. Sometimes it's ok and others it's not. I just don't like it when he makes it sound like I NEVER do anything he says, when if he really thought about it, I try harder than he thinks!
    I hate to say this, but this rings quite a few alarm bells to me. I was in a relationship where I was told similar things, and pushed into things I didn't want to do. It's controlling, and can ultimately be quite toxic.

I hope this councelling place gets back to me soon.
    Yes, please do have counselling, things sound a bit concerning to me.

There are also a couple of books you could read.

"Why does he do that" Lundy Bancroft
    "Should I stay or should I go" Lundy Bancroft

Both give quite amazing insights into healthy, and unhealthy relationships, and enable you to be ableto objectively assess where yours is at, how it can be improved etc...

All the best.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Disney Baby  (13-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_N View Post

Just saying is all!
    There's nothing wrong with him suggesting she get waxed, but that doesn't mean she should. If she isn't comfortable with doing it, she is well within her right to say no, and he has to respect that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    Ok, sure. Example:

*sigh* Really? Is that what you got from my post? That she should be forced to have an@l sex??

What I was trying to say in my post in the context of the OPs question which was about brazilian waxing (NOT an@l sex) was that if my partner had a request that I would HOPE that I could fulfil it.

It didnt say I WOULD....I said I HOPE I could. Which means that I would like to fulfil a desire he may have but I may not. Did you not read that part?

Geez! From your post you are implying that I have said that he should hold her down with a pot of hot wax in one hand and a beauty therapist in the other. From what I read of the OP it was one request for some hair removal and I responded to that comment.

If it was about an@l sex or something else I may have responded differently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think people object to the request. They object to the demand and pouty tantrumy behaviour in response to 'no'.

I'm astounded by his 'you always call the shots' objection. Its your body. Of course you call the shots about what happens to it!!

My body is not a democracy, sorry. Absolute dictatorship I'm afraid. I'll take requests, suggestion, advice, but ultimately what I do to it comes down to a vote of 1.

OP I'd be angry too. I'd object to DH getting a bee in his bonnet about my body.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Benji  (18-03-2012),gizmoduckus  (12-03-2012),Izy  (12-03-2012)