Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think so

5 11.11%
  • No, I don't think so- changes need to be made

40 88.89%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    witwicky, it would be an issue if you advocated CIO and baby training, which ive never seen you do. the problem is with ambassador doing just that, and frequently trolling and bullying a specific group of people, with whom they have a personal issue.
    and youd never do that.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (12-03-2012),Chew the Mintie  (11-03-2012),kriista  (11-03-2012),Witwicky  (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Oh and I disagree with the voting system. I daresay that one of our best and most knowledgable ambassadors would not have been elected if we had a voting system, as the person was very new to the hub at the time.

I think it should be up to the mods or Hillary.
    I would also be open to this idea as well. Choosing yourself though without any outside input doesn't sit well with me.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    i think you do a great job
    Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm with everyone who thinks it's not really been implemented well.

The fact that I could simply put my hand up and say, "I'll be the ambassador for XYZ," IMO, is a bit risky. As was previously mentioned, newbies may take these people on experts on the subject, or maybe I will just take MYSELF as an expert on the subject, when all I am is just someone who has a link to that subject in some way... not an expert.

There are people who I think could be better ambassadors for subjects than those who simply stuck their hands up. I think it would be better if BH had contacted regular users who had been here for some time and demonstrated a knowledge on various subjects to see if they would consider being an ambassador. I think THAT is a much better way to do it, than to simply stick up your hand and BAM - you're it.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Chew the Mintie  (11-03-2012),delirium  (11-03-2012),LoveLivesHere  (12-03-2012),Witwicky  (11-03-2012)

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread has been brought to the attention of Bubhub so I'll now close.

Sam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks SammiAnn

I've read through the thread and there is some great feedback. Our idea was to have people who were passionate about a subject or a local area acting on behalf of our bubhubbers.

Local ambassadors would arrange meet-ups and maybe let the bh admin team know about great new venues so we could spread the word via blogs, fb pages, our directory, etc

Special interest ambassadors would initiate discussion about that topic and act as a go-between with the bh admin team to let us know what that group of members needed. For example, a new section for discussion of that topic. Or more info or articles on a particular subject.

I like that you like the idea! I apologise that we haven't executed the idea as well as we should and that we made some mistakes in appointments. We were looking for enthusiasm in the role and there are some people who've done a great job who we might not have picked if it had been left to the mods/admins to 'invite' people to be ambassadors. However, I also agree that it shouldn't have been a straightforward self-nomination process and that there should have been more to the selection process than that.

We are currently in the process of asking all current ambassadors to let us know what they've been doing in their role. We will be assessing all those submission and then making decision about who continues as an ambassador going into the future.

I would like to say, though, that whatever we finally decide to do with the ambassador role, MuminMind, in particular, has been spectacular and the work she has undertaken has been superb - and really made the whole idea worthwhile just on her own!

I think a name change is a good idea too - Ambassador is perhaps too formal and implies, as has been stated in this thread - a level of expertise that isn't necessarily there. There was a 'go-to-girl' suggestion (or 'go-to-boy').

If you can give us a couple of weeks more, we'll get the list of Ambassadors down to those who are really showing passion for their subject area or local section and also look at a name change for the role.

All feedback welcome... and apologies if we've fallen short of the mark this time.

9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BH-bubhub For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (12-03-2012),delirium  (12-03-2012),fichicken  (12-03-2012),LoveLivesHere  (12-03-2012),Mezmerised  (12-03-2012),MilkingMaid  (12-03-2012),MissMuppet  (12-03-2012),MuminMind  (12-03-2012),naebie  (12-03-2012),Ra Ra Superstar  (12-03-2012),share a book  (12-03-2012),Shoopuf  (12-03-2012),SuperTrooperVagiDuper  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    So good to hear you have taken our suggestions on board. Again, some of the ambassadors do a fantastic job and deserve their title. I would also like to see long term members chosen. Not bc of popularity but bc they have proven to stick around. Otherwise it's going to be a revolving door and more work for mods who already have a lot to do, to keep going thru the process of choosing someone.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (12-03-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the idea is fantastic, I just think it needs a little tweaking to get it working in a way that doesn't imply formal education . As with all new ideas it takes a little work to get it all going smoothly so I don't think anyone blames bubhub that it hasn't been an insta-success. Lets face it, what ever is? *grin*.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (12-03-2012),share a book  (12-03-2012)

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubhub View Post
    Thanks SammiAnn

I've read through the thread and there is some great feedback. Our idea was to have people who were passionate about a subject or a local area acting on behalf of our bubhubbers.

Local ambassadors would arrange meet-ups and maybe let the bh admin team know about great new venues so we could spread the word via blogs, fb pages, our directory, etc

Special interest ambassadors would initiate discussion about that topic and act as a go-between with the bh admin team to let us know what that group of members needed. For example, a new section for discussion of that topic. Or more info or articles on a particular subject.

I like that you like the idea! I apologise that we haven't executed the idea as well as we should and that we made some mistakes in appointments. We were looking for enthusiasm in the role and there are some people who've done a great job who we might not have picked if it had been left to the mods/admins to 'invite' people to be ambassadors. However, I also agree that it shouldn't have been a straightforward self-nomination process and that there should have been more to the selection process than that.

We are currently in the process of asking all current ambassadors to let us know what they've been doing in their role. We will be assessing all those submission and then making decision about who continues as an ambassador going into the future.

I would like to say, though, that whatever we finally decide to do with the ambassador role, MuminMind, in particular, has been spectacular and the work she has undertaken has been superb - and really made the whole idea worthwhile just on her own!

I think a name change is a good idea too - Ambassador is perhaps too formal and implies, as has been stated in this thread - a level of expertise that isn't necessarily there. There was a 'go-to-girl' suggestion (or 'go-to-boy').

If you can give us a couple of weeks more, we'll get the list of Ambassadors down to those who are really showing passion for their subject area or local section and also look at a name change for the role.

All feedback welcome... and apologies if we've fallen short of the mark this time.
    Thank you so much for opening up this thread again, I think a lot of us ambassadors found it useful to receive opinions from the general hub, rather than just within the ambassador area.

And thank you for your little mention, it is much appreciated. I'm going to show my DP when he gets home so that he can see that I *do* more than just browse the internet for the cheapest shoe deals and the latest celebrity news all day long!

I just want to comment on something that Witwicky's post from yesterday brought up for me.

Even *if* every special interest ambassador was professionally trained, this is a parenting forum where we contribute in a non-professional capacity. Seeing that we would continue to participate in discussions not relevant to our ambassador special interest area, the "professional" boundaries would be blurred regardless.

Perhaps the two roles do not reconcile, but I would love to hear more suggestions about what can be done. All I know is that I would hate feeling reluctant to post in "fluffy" threads, or get passionate about same-sex entitlements, single parent bashing, nappy rash ointment because I appear to hold a professional title.

I have to agree, I also feel a little reluctant to remain ambassador. At least not until rules, regulations and a role description is established for everyone to see. I will continue as an ambassador but I think a name change and a disclaimer is needed. And possibly another way of selecting these ambassadors.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MuminMind For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub  (12-03-2012),Witwicky  (13-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think a title change will define the role as more 'amateur enthusiast' rather than 'qualified professional'. So it sounds to me as though we are all agreed that the name should change from Ambassador to something else. Any suggestions for the something else that embodies 'amateur enthusiast'??

That should mean that members know you are not all-knowing about that subject, don't represent bubhub management team and all members with your opinions and should take a heap of stress of the current 'ambassadors' from posting around the site.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-bubhub For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (12-03-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast