• Yes, I think so

5 11.11%
  • No, I don't think so- changes need to be made

40 88.89%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been a member here long enough to know who is knowledgeable on certain topics, who the 'go-to' person is. I really don't think the Ambassador system reflects the common knowledge of the forum about our wise, which in turn does a huge disservice to the new members.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (11-03-2012),MuminMind  (11-03-2012),naebie  (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What sort of things do you think should be part of the process to become an ambassador ?

What would you like there be ambassadors for?

Please put your ideas forward and I will take it on to discuss with the mods if you like ??

Just putting it out there??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with all that's been said. The title implies some expertise in the area, and I'm not convinced that any experience or credentials were checked out when all you had to do was put your hand up.

I'm not saying all ambassadors are a worry, but there is one that concerns me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodelly View Post
    What sort of things do you think should be part of the process to become an ambassador ?

Please put your ideas forward and I will take it on to discuss with the mods if you like ??

Nomination which must be seconded (self-nomination is okay) to a mod (minimum post count of 500 maybe), then a private poll for each role or some discussion amongst mods. They know a lot about the members here, their strengths etc...

I like the ambassadors for areas, different parenting, PND etc... I think they're all worthwhile categories.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (11-03-2012),MuminMind  (11-03-2012),naebie  (11-03-2012),Stiflers Mom  (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think there should only be mods for goeographical areas unless an ambassador has a qualification that would lead them to be an ambassador for a certain area like a doula for natural birth or breastfeeding counsellor for the breastfeeding section.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

Laksa  (11-03-2012),Mezmerised  (11-03-2012),naebie  (11-03-2012),Pawzette  (11-03-2012),twotrunks  (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodelly View Post

I gave an example with MuminMind as someone who actively promotes, supports and provides information for a range of mental health issues, as does GluttonForPunishment.

Ambassadors for local areas are the same, actively involved in meets, providing information and supports for their local areas.

Some have their name in green but do nothing :/

There need to be Ambassadors for special needs kids, FIFO families, and areas where extra support might be needed. I do not think there needs to be an Ambassador for personal parenting styles. JMO.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (11-03-2012),MuminMind  (11-03-2012),naebie  (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Nomination which must be seconded (self-nomination is okay) to a mod (minimum post count of 500 maybe), then a private poll for each role or some discussion amongst mods. They know a lot about the members here, their strengths etc...

I like the ambassadors for areas, different parenting, PND etc... I think they're all worthwhile categories.

I think there should be at least some sense of democracy, rather than someone deciding what sort of ambassador they want to be.

I also agree with a minimum post count, unless in certain instances where a new account has been made etc. It would mean that there would be more knowledge about that person and how they would contribute as an ambassador. It would also mean that there aren't 'blow in' ambassadors, e.g. those who get bored with BH in 100 posts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I gave an example with MuminMind as someone who actively promotes, supports and provides information for a range of mental health issues, as does GluttonForPunishment.

Ambassadors for local areas are the same, actively involved in meets, providing information and supports for their local areas.

Some have their name in green but do nothing :/

There need to be Ambassadors for special needs kids, FIFO families, and areas where extra support might be needed. I do not think there needs to be an Ambassador for personal parenting styles. JMO.
    I agree. Yes Mim & GFP are fantastic in there roles.

So far all these suggestions are GREAT keep them coming!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

happykat  (11-03-2012),MuminMind  (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    That is my observation of quite a few. Seems the title is like being a claytons Mod ie. its like being a mod, without actually being a mod. I would just be happy to see those who have taken on the role actively attempting to do something. I can appreciate as Mums we are often busy and if that is the case perhaps it is neccessary to pass the role onto someone else.
    That was my situation re: being too busy. Since taking on the ambassador role I've also taken on a part time job and started studying.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would like to see a vote in each year, maybe to go in with the BH awards. Maybe shortening the number of them to make it easier. When I first saw the titles I thought they had been chosen by BH as experts of sorts. But it seems anyone that stuck their hand up got a title and this could be confusing to new members who think they 'walk the walk' when some don't.

I agree with the PP that it's a great idea but poorly executed. Don't get me wrong there are lots that are great ambassadors and who deserve the position. Some however have me scratching my head.
    Last edited by delirium; 11-03-2012 at 14:47.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (11-03-2012),happykat  (11-03-2012),MuminMind  (11-03-2012)