+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Oricom one for DD1 and love it - except when I take the parent unit off the charger, the battery is completely flat within 5 minutes.
    I have the Angelcare sound and movement monitor for DD2 (even though we cot is right next to our bed), but it gives me reassurance. I always forget to turn the monitor off when I pick her up, and 15 seconds or so later, the alarm is blaring (food to know it works!). I can highly recommend both!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    They're not a necessity..... My paediatrician told me not to bother - he said they are a waste of money unless you have a premmie or bub with breathing problems (and then the hospital will give you monitors anyway)
    Really? My dd was premmie and I didn't get a monitor?! If I had have known I would have asked for mine and saved the $120 I spent!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I know here in QLD they send them home with certain prems that have brady's and apnoea.... Don't think they automatically go to every prem....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used the angelcare one for ds,

Its tricky to get the sensor right,
    I had to have it on 1 or it would pick up fan wind as breathing.

It is wired but its a very long wire.

It was a very staticy monitor though and the cord broke at 15 months old

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an angelcare monitor but not the one your referring too but now that I see that one I'd love to upgrade to it.

I love the monitor, it gives me so much peace of mind, DS has had incidents of not breathing for short amounts of time, he is 1 on Friday and I still use it even though I can hear him cry quite well lol.

I have only had two true false alarms with it and they both have been times where we were only using one sensor pad (mine came with 2) because he had moved to far up the cot for the sensor to register his movement. We have had several initial alarms (it beeps aft x amount of seconds and if there is still no movement a second or two later it will go into full alarm.
    In the instructions it states that you shouldn't adjust the sensitivity (can be adjusted at the back of the base unit) unless otherwise instructed to (not sure by who, maybe doctors for apnea sufferers)
    I do get a lot of static through the parent unit but we sit the monitor in the lounge room close to our bedroom so it doesn't bother us at all and the monitor picks up everything like a PP has said.

We have a slat based cot so we needed to get some timber to put on top of the slats (it's recommended in the instructions) and the wires are not a problem, they are very long.

I have written a review in the reviews section if that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've got the Angelcare one with sensor pads (model #401) and it's great for peace of mind. It gives one warning beep before the alarm goes off so the few times I've forgotten I've managed to get back quick enough to turn it off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    They're not a necessity..... My paediatrician told me not to bother - he said they are a waste of money unless you have a premmie or bub with breathing problems (and then the hospital will give you monitors anyway)
    I felt this way until a workmate had one. One night his went off and they rushed in to find their weeks old baby not breathing- CPR and an ambulance ride later he was at Hosp diagnosed with a heart defect needing urgent, life saving surgery. Without the monitor, he'd be dead. He wasn't prem and they'd had no indication he was unwell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used an Angel monitor for both my sons and will be using it again. It does give peace of mind. Our alarm went off a few times with DS1 when he was sick and having trouble breathing, and once when he rolled over and jammed his face in the corner of the cot. On that occasion, I think he must have rolled off the sensor pads, but he was very young at the time, so I was grateful for the alarm so I could pop him back in the middle of the cot on his back. I hope you never have to hear the sounds of the alarm in the middle of the night -it is scary... but I wouldn't be without it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have the angel care sensor (without the visual monitor) and I wouldnt be without it. We started with a normal sound monitor and then a friend (who sadly did lose a child to SIDS) recommended this monitor to us as when they had another baby they found it was the only way they could have peace of mind. We decided to upgrade. The only issues we have had with it were like some of the others have said the fans can affect it. We only ever got static if we have our mobiles charging nearby otherwise no static. And I would recommend getting the slightly more expensive one with the 2 sensor pads if you can, only because we got the single sensor pad one and placed the sensor in the middle of the mattress. But once our daughter got a bit mobile and rolled around her cot if she rolled to the ends of her cot it would set the alarms off as she wasnt on the sensor. I'd still recommend it though - I'd rather have the odd false alarm and get up and know my daughter is fine and have that peace of mind to know if something really was wrong