+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default No Granny!

Seeing DPs granny today grr. She's 90 and blind and I don't want her to hold my NB but MIL will want that. I'm worried! Oh and MIL decided to tell granny, when I told her IT'S NOT, that my babys middle name is named after Grannys dead husband whom I've never met. Spiteful! Shes driving me NUTS! How am I meant to handle today without looking like a biatch?!? Oh and I'll be running off 2 hrs sleep from last night :-/

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There,
    You Mil sounds just awful. I think your issue is with your Mil not your Dp's granny. I would let granny cuddle and hold your baby, just make sure that you perhaps hold him with her or obviously within arms reach. My granny recently passed away she was 97 and was practically blind too. She got such delight from cuddling my twins, I just made sure she was sitting down and comfortable and sat practically on top of her when she cuddled them.
    Good luck with what you decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sure it will be ok. I'm sure your dp's grandmother would love a little hold. Just make sure she is sitting down and be close. I have previously read you have issues with ur MIL but without sounding disrespectful "I" think you are being a little unreasonable with your dp's grandma of 90. She probably loves your son greatly! Take a photo too cause ur son may appreciate that when he is older. Not everyone has great grandparents. I know that things like this can seem annoying specially with inlaws you don't get along with.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

babycake  (11-03-2012),starla  (11-03-2012)

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CrazyMoose View Post
    I'm sure it will be ok. I'm sure your dp's grandmother would love a little hold. Just make sure she is sitting down and be close. I have previously read you have issues with ur MIL but without sounding disrespectful "I" think you are being a little unreasonable with your dp's grandma of 90. She probably loves your son greatly! Take a photo too cause ur son may appreciate that when he is older. Not everyone has great grandparents. I know that things like this can seem annoying specially with inlaws you don't get along with.
    Perfectly put 1CrazyMoose

Also, if you are truely worried, perhaps get her to lay on a bed and let her give cuddles there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow thats so sad ,I could never imagine doing that to an oldie too old and blind to cuddle a NB??

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jenrose View Post
    Seeing DPs granny today grr. She's 90 and blind and I don't want her to hold my NB but MIL will want that. I'm worried! Oh and MIL decided to tell granny, when I told her IT'S NOT, that my babys middle name is named after Grannys dead husband whom I've never met.
    I can see why that would be annoying, it's the sort of thing my MIL does, but if thinking your son's middle name is in honour of her husband who has passed away gives Granny some pleasure (she is 90 after all) then I can't see the harm?

Same for a hold? I know my DH's grandmother who died at 91 took such great pleasure in having the great grandchildren visit, even if she couldn't really see them or even hear them, it was something to natter over with the others too in the days after, helped fill in the day a bit you know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 100 year granny always has a hold of my baby. I just make sure she is sitting comfortably on the sofa and I sit beside them. It gives her such joy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My mum told my grandfather that my son's name was the equivalent to his name (which is true, but it wasn't in reference to my grandfather). He was a 94yo widower living in a home at the time.

Why not let an elderly person have a bit of joy, as it doesn't really matter that the name was just a coincidence.

I know you're annoyed at your mil, but I think it's petty really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol all you guys are very nice! I am not that nice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow 100! Just keep thinking I'd never forgive myself if anything happened! Thanks for you're replies, I know I'm being over the top now but I just can't shake it! I'm going to let her hold him but I'll be peaking inside haha.