+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking For THE Pram - Phil and Ted's Maybe?

Hi all! There's probably other posts like this around but I was hoping to get some fresh insight (by all means link me to other relevent threads though!).

DD is due in June, my DS will be 21 months old by then. I want to find a pram that is a single but can be used well for two.

I don't like side by side prams as I often travel by bus, and I just don't think it'd work going through my front door! I also don't like the overly long prams (limo style, is it called?).

I saw a Phil and Ted's Explorer today, that had the toddler seat attachment, and it really looked perfect for my needs, I honestly just about bought it right then and there but thought I'd better check some review sites for it. Seeing that not many people have anything good to say about it I thought I'd better keep looking.

I'm still thinking about getting it though and taking my chances, because I really do love everything it has to offer. Folding and storage of it isn't an issue as usually I'm the only one using it, and I never really fold prams we also have a wagon so on the occassion my husband gets to fold it, there's plenty of room.

Anyway what I was wanting to know is; is there anyone out there with a Phil and Ted's Explorer that could tell me what they think? Also, any recommendations of a similar pram/stroller would be fantastic.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, it was so much easier to buy for one kid, and now that I can afford to be picky I have no idea what I'm looking at!

Cheers guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love mine.

I would suggest baby wearing while your newborn is still too small to sit upright though, the newborn mode on the P&T is a pain to put a baby in and out of.

It's a quick fold down for me, compact. I have a teeny boot space when I have all 7 seats up and I can STILL fit it in, which is impressive if you've seen my boot. It's very quick to put up. I can collapse and put it up with one hand.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Arusaamatus  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BlissedOut!

I have a Goldbug Sling that DH's friend gave me which I'm hoping to use.

I've heard that the tyres deflate a bit too easily, have you experienced this at all? I'm not one to go offroad travelling very much so it probably wouldn't be such an issue. Also being so narrow, do you have any problems with tipping or instability?

Thanks again
    Anyone else have any insight?