+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Question re: once you have started solids...

does your bub have them everyday??Its been a month now since i've started DD on solids (shes 6m now) but somedays (like today ) she just flat out refuses to have solids (even if its her favourite), and just wants milk. she'll push every mouthful out. Shes ok otherwise, not sick or anything. but i than get worried that she hasnt had solids all day (sometimes 2 days in a row).
    usually she has like a tablepoon full at a time, rarely 2 tablespoons .
    Does it matter? sorry if sounds like a dum question...

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always followed the "food is for fun" rule between 6 & 12 months. Keep on offering it, some days they take it others they don't, offer finger foods as much as possible too.

6 months is still very young and milk still needs to be her main source of nutrition.

I always found Cruskits a good early ginger food, cut length ways so they can get their little hand around it, they get sticky and soggy very quickly!

Before you know it she'll be eating so much you'll be wondering where she puts it all!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpottySocks For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks spottysocks! i know milk is her main nutrition..if it were upto her she would be stuck onn my boob all day !!
    i'll try the cruskits..thanks for the tip!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Cold cucumber cut into sticks ( skin on) is also good ( great for teething too!) they gum off the soft flesh

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At first, the only food she had was what she took from my plate. When it was more regular, I started to give her a bowl or plate of her own in her highchair while I ate. So at first it was irregular, not everyday, just when she took it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP, my DD got established on solids quite quickly, but had a few days afterward when she got sick that she refused all solids and only wanted booby. Once she got better it was back to the solid food again. As PP said before 12 months its still a learning thing

10. The Following User Says Thank You to soccer mum For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (10-03-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    another 'food for fun' family here. DD has always had some of our meal, and if she eats it, great, if not, its no big deal

12. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey

DD2 is 6 months and we started solids when she was 5 months. She does have some solids everyday since she started but a few weeks ago she got a cold and wasn't interested so I just didn't give her any for a few days. No biggie, at this age they're just tasting food anyway.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bibs For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds also found it hard to adjust - and he has proven to be a very picky eater. I've started feeding him when we eat so he can see we are all doing it to, and lots of things he can hold himself as he is very independent. He is 14 months old and I still think he is not eating enough but he is gaining wait, healthy and sleeps through the night so ped says not to worry. It sounds like your doing all the right things. Just keep it up xoxo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to karisha For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (10-03-2012)