+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Japanese chemical hair straightening

Hi there - I've been recommended Japanese chemical straightening for my thick, wiry, gross hair lol. Anyone had it done or know anything about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had bio-ionic done twice, a long time ago now. It was very expensive ($800 plus special hairdryer, brush and products) but was worth every cent. I'd still have to blow dry it, but just 10 minutes of drying would mean my hair looked like I just stepped out of the hairdresser.
    The straightening is permanent, so until you get the hair cut off, it's not going to go back to how it was. My hair was really long and as it grew out, the weight of my hair kept the roots pretty straight, so I got a good year out of the treatment.
    I've just had a Brazilian keratin treatment done for the first time and IMO it just doesn't compare.
    Wish I had the $ to get the bio ionic done again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm subscribing to this thread because I am also really interested in straightening. Looking forward to what other hubbers have to say

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had matrix opti smooth (cold method) and my hair was not that curly more wavy

thank god I did not pay for it waste of time and dried my hair out

fortnightly irons for me

$30 per f.n compared to $300+ that only lasts a few months cheaper to use irons

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! I have the issue that my hair is wavy plus thick plus wiry plus there is lots of it!!! It's awful. Can't even wear a ponytail if it's not straightened so really want to invest in the best option. It was a hairdresser who recommended the Japanese straightening to me (and they don't do it at her salon so she wasn't just drumming up her business).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tashaplus2 View Post
    Thanks ladies! I have the issue that my hair is wavy plus thick plus wiry plus there is lots of it!!! It's awful. Can't even wear a ponytail if it's not straightened so really want to invest in the best option. It was a hairdresser who recommended the Japanese straightening to me (and they don't do it at her salon so she wasn't just drumming up her business).
    My hair sounds exactly like yours! Mine is short, curly/wavy, very thick and just out of control on a good day. If you find any solutions, would be good to hear too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had it done heaps
    Love it!
    I don't do anything to it apart from use a decent conditioner. Ie I don't blow dry and my hair always looks amazing
    Love love love it
    Highly recommend it

Keratin didn't work for me either

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those that have it how long does it last n where abouts did u have it done (salon) n cost :-)