+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Which Disney?

I am planning our once in a lifetime 6 weeks trip to the USA. From what I researched many people seem to go to Disneyland in Anaheim so had planned to go there. I was talking to people and they told me if this is a once in a lifetime trip they would go to Disney world in Orlando.

I know that the Orlando one is bigger than the Anaheim one. BUT we are going to be going in Nov December and we also want to travel around. Had planned, San deigo, San Fran, Yosemite, Las Vegas, Grand canyon, New York, Toronto and Hawaii.

Its only in planning stages so places can change. What do you think Disneyland or Disneyworld.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally have only been to Disneyland Paris and Orlando. And Orlando was amazing! We were told it was ALOT better than Anaheim. And although, I cant compare it'd be hard to beat it!
    We plan to go to Anaheim when we travel next year and hopefully do Vegas, San Fran etc. I would just stick with Anaheim if your doing Vegas etc that way anyway!

Disney is an experience wherever it is! And it will be amazingly fun at either! Plus once you've been to Disney you have to get back there one day lol! So you can check them all out! I cant wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    True I say once in a life time but once I have been there I mights just HAVE to make it twice in a lifetime and do the other side of USA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been to a few of them (Anaheim, Orlando, Paris, and Tokyo), and while Orlando is much bigger I actually prefer the Anaheim one. It has a much nicer feel, and I think the area is a nicer place to stay. Orlando can feel a bit like 'theme park overload', whereas there are lots of other great things to see and do near Anaheim.

I'd go to California

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've done all the Disney's bar HK, Tokyo Disney a few times even. Orlando is my favourite. Cars Land is about to open in Cali if your kids are Lightning McQueen obsessed like mine.

My once in a lifetime trip would include Orlando Disney plus a Disney Cruise. It'll never happen but I can dream!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG, I am sooooooooooooo jealous!!!!

Loved America, New York is my favourite place in the world so far. Still so much more I want to see though...

Me personally, I loved Anaheim. I would recommend that over the other. Orlando was certainly fantastic, but I loved the "traditional" one. I'll also say, that when we went to the Orlando one, it was on the back of a hurricane and was actually closed the day we were meant to go. It reopened the next day and some things were closed.

No matter what you decide, you WILL have an amazing experience. Loved all the places you are going to. We only stayed at San Diego for 2 nights, but could've done 3 even 4. It is just so beautiful. We had to choose between the Zoo and Sea World. We went to Sea World and totally fantastic!! Have to go back though to do the zoo.

Have a wonderful time!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I preferred Orlando but Anaheim is still great, plus with Orlando it is bigger with more to see so you would need a big chunk of time to do it properly (I think at least a week as you have universal studios and sea world as well plus orlando is really out of the way ) at least Anaheim is just out of LA and you could do it in a couple of days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Orlando all they way! It's the most magical place in the world. If you go to Florida, check out discovery cove too, it's an amazing day!
    So jealous, I need a holiday and Florida not on the cards for a year or so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been to both - but in Orlando, we only did Epcot Centre as we had only 1 day there. Out of Epcot vs Anaheim, I felt that Anaheim was the "truest", more traditional Disney experience. But I think that had we done Magic Kingdom in Orlando, I might have a different opinion! I loved both though!!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Personally? Anaheim, because It's the original, it's where it all began

My favourite childhood memories of all time were made there, it's just magical. Enjoy