+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lots of kids are outside by 6. The parents probably don't know they are calling out to neighbours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my!!! I would be seriously peeved!!!!

I need my beauty sleep... Ha Ha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The kids are 8 to 10 year olds. Also we wake early. The sun comes up, the birds start singing, and it seems to mean everyone around us starts their day like we do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Lots of kids are outside by 6. The parents probably don't know they are calling out to neighbours.
    I don't know ANYONE who's kids are outside playing in the street at 6am!!!!!

IF (very rare before 7am!) my kids are awake this early they are inside watching TV!! My kids are allowed outside (in our yard) after 9, I consider the neighbours without kids who might be sleeping in who don't need my kids yahooing about waking them up!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JaneDoe For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha74 View Post
    Anything before at least 9 I would find rude
    This.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    I don't know ANYONE who's kids are outside playing in the street at 6am!!!!!

IF (very rare before 7am!) my kids are awake this early they are inside watching TV!! My kids are allowed outside (in our yard) after 9, I consider the neighbours without kids who might be sleeping in who don't need my kids yahooing about waking them up!!!!
    Lots of exclamation marks in that :/

Do you think it's wrong for kids to play outside before 9? We have no childless people around us, most have 5+ kids. I let dd play outside before school, and we leave by 8 because she starts at 8.25am.

I also can't stand having the tv on and didn't have one until dd was in prep.
    Last edited by share a book; 10-03-2012 at 10:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My kids go outside into the yard at 7:30 sometimes. Neighbours on all sides have young kids, so I'm not worried about that. My kids don't run around screaming or yelling out.

I think 7:30/8 is a reasonable time considering that tradesmen are allowed to start work at 7am and 8am on Sundays.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 10-03-2012 at 11:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't let DS call on neighbours before 9 unless it was prearranged and I expect the same from other kids. On the other hand, if DS is playing in the back yard and chatting to neighbours kids/grandkids it can start as early as 7:30 and I certainly don't object to that. The reality is, whilst there are lots of kids in our area, the neighbours directly next to and behind us are all of an age where they have grandkids so I think we generally try to be a little quieter and stay inside until at least 8:30 on the weekends out of respect for them.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely not before 9am. I like my sleep ins, and I get cranky if I get woken up . I've been like that since childhood and even though I'm used to getting up early, it would definitely annoy me.
    Unfortunately kids often have selective short memory spans and 'forget' 10 minutes later and will come back to ask again... I guess there's not much you can do about it heh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Lots of exclamation marks in that :/

Do you think it's wrong for kids to play outside before 9? We have no childless people around us, most have 5+ kids. I let dd play outside before school, and we leave by 8 because she starts at 8.25am.

I also can't stand having the tv on and didn't have one until dd was in prep.
    Out in the street YES!!! Esp on a weekend!! At 630am?!?!

In your own yard after 8 before school ok, most people are up and getting ready for work by then but not on a weekend before 9!!!!

If I saw children out in the st at 630am I'd be concerned for where their parents are!!!!