+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Pure accident!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (11-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    After DD2 I was dead set against another but DH wanted one more. Then I decided I wanted another and DH decided he didn't. It took a while but eventually we both agreed we wanted another. This is our first planned baby. We were hoping for a boy but I am 17 weeks pregnant with our third girl. It will be our last. I will admit this is the first time I have been scared of having another baby, I think because I've had time to think about it where as with the girls it just happened and I had to deal with it.
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 11-03-2012 at 18:12.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't want to have two kids with the 'one for Mum' and 'one for Dad' thing and just always felt that at two we weren't finished.

That said, I wasn't intending on there only being a 19 mth age gap between 2 and 3, so that was a bit of a shock and I wondered how I would cope, but honestly, I think the transition from 2 to 3 was a breeze compared to 1 to 2.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We went back and forth a lot, decided we were done and we were very happy with our decision to be done and then the kind of decided for us that we were having one more.

2 to 3 was and is the most difficult challenge for me in parenting by far. I'm sure that the personality of the baby makes a huge difference as to whether it is easy or not + how much support you get and I picked the short straw for both.

I think it's the hardest decision to make, going from 2-3. I think if you want that third baby though then no matter how hard it is you'll always be glad you went and had the 3rd baby but if you don't you'll regret it forever. As hard as it is I'm glad the choice was taken away from us and DS decided to surprise us instead. It has been hard; way, way, way harder than going from 2-3 for me but he is here and we love him and we couldn't imagine life without him.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I really didn't feel done. It took me a long time to feel ready for number three, because I wanted DS to wean and sleep better etc...but I still longed for another one.

We didn't have the easiest road with number three (as you know :P) and I still feel like I'm floundering most of the time, but not a single regret

10. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (12-03-2012)