+ Reply to Thread
    BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you ever feel the World is Just falling apart? * possible trigger warning*

First off I'm not in any trouble, I don't feel any more depressed the normal (in fact if anything somewhat less in ways) but the last few days I have just felt the world is falling apart.

Firstly One of my Besties Sends me a message saying she loves me and needs to talk but doesn't know whens he will be able to as her DH's Depression seems to have kicked into a Psychotic overdrive. She was basically on a 24/7 Suicide watch with him whilst also trying to look after their 2yo work full time and convince him of what was real and what wasn't. HE has been struggling for a whole and being a typical Stubborn male hasn't gotten anywhere with getting better. Not to mention that he has only been getting referrals for psychologists despite repeatedly asking for Psychiatrists.

A couple of days later another good friend Msgs me just to share she had been in hospital all day with a mutual friend who had tried to commit suicide. This friend has a live-in Boyfriend who I have never met but always had a weird vibe when I heard about him. He had gotten up , gotten ready for work and left without noticing she was passed out next to an empty pack of medication and barely breathing. My friend had received a msg by SMS at 2:30 but didn't find it till 6:30 and then alerted the authorities. Our mutual friend was barely alive by the time they got there and broke in. Her Mother, Boyfriend and 18yo son Haven't even bothered to go an see her in the hospital, Only one of them has called my friend to find out how she was (not the hospital) she may lose one of her legs from what she did and none of them seem to care about her or what will happen when she goes home. She has been asking the boyfriend to move out for most of the 2 years he has lived there and her mother is telling him to stay there she can go to rehab.

I don't know why but also hearing that one of my cousins and both my Besties are all having their second when at least one person in each relationship is depressed is making me upset that I am still struggling for #1 with a main reason for this being DH's Depression & meds is just making me feel the world is just falling apart. I am happy that they are all having kids but still so upset that I am not yet there.

I think is all hitting me a bot more this week with it being the EDD of what turned out to be a Chemical pregnancy/Miscarriage. I just needed to get it all out. No real need for a response just me ranting. Feeling that if I hear one more thing I am likely to explode with anger and frustration.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh wow, big

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    couldnt read and not say

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Big hugs. What a lot to deal with at once. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly

I feel that what you are currently going through is happening a lot atm. Whether it's the generational stage we are both at (I'm 31) or whether it's a shift in consciousness, I don't know. All I do know for sure is that the people I meet daily (I'm a community nurse) are restless and so are their family and friends. I'm hearing about a lot more unhappiness and dissatisfaction within families and communities right now.

Sometimes all we can do during times of unrest is to breathe and be the person who gives a sh!t. So just keep breathing and know that we are all here for you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaC For This Useful Post:

Eko  (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope your ok That's alot to deal with and it sounds like it's understandably overwhelming at the moment.
    It really brings great sadness hearing such horrible stories of depression and suicide in fact it brings back alot of memories for myself with family and friends who I have experienced this with in the past. It's hard not to let it all consume you as well. My advice is if you try and take care of your emotional needs first and deal with your feelings then you will feel strong enough to help your friends without letting it take over your life. Getting it off your chest is a great start. Sometimes having a big cry is a great emotional release as well. I hope things turn around for everyone and just remember that you have people here for you too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You poor thing, massive It is good that you are getting how you are feeling off your chest. Everyone only has the mental & emotional capacity to deal with so much at once before you are all full up & can't handle any more. That's when you might feel like the world is falling apart. When I felt like that I got counselling to help me cope. I hope things get better for those around you, but also that you can find a way to look after yourself while all of this is happening. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    ((hugs))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear that I won't say anymore, I don't want to sound fake or hollow which pretty much everything I can think of saying does.