+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby Shower after baby is born?

So I just got an invite to a friends baby shower - thing is, the little man is 6 weeks old already.

I was a bit taken aback when I got the invite. Has this happened to anyone else? What is the etiquette regarding gifts, food, games etc.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tis a bit odd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Traditionally (ie back in my mums day!) the baby shower was held after the baby is born. It gives friends and family a chance to meet the baby if they haven't seen it.

For someone reason it changed until before the baby is born. Maybe she is trying to adopt the more traditional route!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lolz83 For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Strange! I have never heard of it being held after the baby was born so I wouldn't have a clue what is the 'right' way to do things???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been to one.
    The mother had her first baby die after only a couple of days and couldn't relax or celebrate until she had her baby so we had a baby shower at about 6 weeks.

I guess it is a little odd because it is different. I think the same etiquette should apply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i went to one where the baby had already bern born but it was cause the bub came 4wks early

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not comfortable with having a baby shower and didn't have one at all for DS. However if I HAD to have one I'd opt for it to be after the baby is born as well. I think it's a great way for everyone to meet the new baby!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bitterpure For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I quite like that idea but more because as a guest I always feel awkward touching newborns (when they are not mine) and with more people I can have a quick cuddle and pass baby on. I guess its the same etiquette as usual but maybe less games and more bubbles for the new mum???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am superstitious and am dead against baby showers before a baby arrives. I think after is classier, safer and more purposeful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also going to have mine after bubs is born. I find a few things awkward about showers before the baby is born. This is just my opinion, don't judge me on these!!!

1) what if (God forbid) something goes wrong with bubs? 2) I hate giving a card and present before the baby is born, its so impersonal you can't even write the baby's name! 3) We aren't finding out the gender like 3/4 of our friends. I have so much gray, yellow and mint clothes that it's nice for people to know the gender to give you cute gender specific clothes (mainly family!!) 4) I don't want too many visitors in the first 2 weeks so it gives friends and family a chance to see the baby before its 6 months old!

I'm also a bit qweerky so I like doing things slightly differently!!