+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help/Advice with a 5 month old baby girl

Hello i am a first time mum, i have a georgeous 5mth old girl, I have just started her on solids but its all so new to me. I would appreciate help and advice from other mothers on what solids fruit/vegtables are suitable for them at this age so far i have tried her on pear,apple, bananna, buutenut pumpkin, potato and sweet poatato but am not sure what others are suitable. Also tips on how to make tummy time more fun for her i have tried doing it with a few toys but she doesn't seem to tolerate it for to long.
    Last edited by MummyJuls; 09-03-2012 at 19:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 5 month old baby boy as well I have tried different solids but I'm not going to far with it yet as I am slowly weaning him onto formula in preparation for my return to work and I don't want to upset his tummy with too much new liquids! He loved broccoli spinach and apple together though!

With tummy time I tried different things like using a pillow to prop him up and also putting him infront of a full length mirror so he could look at himself. Also I got down on the floor with him and just kept on persisting each day until he started to push up and enjoy it. He now can roll both ways and enjoys playing with toys in front of him... he hated it to start with!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP,

I have a 5mo boy and am a new mumma:-)
    So far he has eaten fresh banana, pear, apple, sweet potato, avocado, carrot, butternut squash which I have cooked/mashed as required. I gave him the banana in a fresh food feeder which he loved - you can get these from the supermarket. I have also given him some pouches of food that you can buy from the supermarket so that he gets used to eating these too and we have that option when out. There are lots of flavours to try. Same as PP we are taking it slowly, with just 2 small meals a day at the moment. Next on my list of things to try over the next few weeks are: mashed peas, mango, plums, pumpkin, zucchini and a little bit of yogurt. I found this website really useful http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/index.htm

My DS loves tummy time now, but it took him a while. Just try and do a little bit more each day. I spend lots of time on the floor with him rolling around and playing with toys. Have you tried rolling up a towel and putting this under her chest? We go to GymbaRoo every week and they have lots of fun ways to get bubs on their tummy like: lay bubs on a fitball and gently bounce/roll around, lay them on a skateboard and roll it around, using mirrors, toys, music as distractions. Tummy time doesn't just have to be on the floor either, I also try to always carry him upright to use those neck muscles.

Hope this helps you. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Sounds like you're doing a great job with solids. But if your looking for other things to add, maybe try avocado, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini.

With tummy time, my DD used to hate it too, but I found placing her on a colourful rug/blanket made the world of difference. She now has something to look at whilst on her tummy instead of a boring old black couch or grey carpet!
    At mum's she lays on a flowery quilt, and she just stares at all the flowers.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default i hear ya!

I have a 7month old son, Adam. He is a little fussy when eating. So what I do is I place him in his favorite baby bean bag then i let him play with toys while feeding him. I bought them from Chibebe by the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sounds like you r doing great with your solids. i have just started my girl on farex.she is 5mths also. 2nd child. because they say 6months im not in hurry to introduce solids, and will probably do another week of farex. then i will introduce fruits one at a time to test for allergies. there is a book called baby bowl which is good for ideas by kim mc cosker (author of 4 Ingredients) Goodluck!