+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Birth Scheme at Hobart Royal

Hi, just wanting some advice from Mummas who have given birth at Hobart Royal regarding birthing schemes.
    I went in for my first doctors checkup yesterday and I was confused about the KYM and birth centre schemes, then they told me the hospital was going to implement a new scheme called caseload midwives!!!
    I signed up for KYM but I'm not sure it's for me now that I've had time to read through the info.
    Does anyone know if you can change birth schemes? What are your experiences with KYM or birth centre?

Any advice would be very grateful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MummaK86, Don't know how much help I can be, but I am currently 37wks going through the royal, I asked to be put in KYM but the midwife who enrolled me put me down for the glenorchy clinic instead, giving me the impression that this was the same thing! Has been fine anyway actually more convenient as just down the road, but the point is I did ask whether I could change and they said yes you just have to talk to a midwife, although I think the birth centre has limited places as long as its not full you should be fine From what I've heard KYM is really nice anyway!
    The clinic has been fine but as this is bub no. 2 (had no.1 at calvary) I haven't really needed all that much support/education so havent really been expecting them to do more than just take bp and measure tummy!
    Hope that helps! Good luck for your bubby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mummym00se,
    Your reply has been great, it's definately put me at ease a bit more about how things work down here All the best and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and the arrival of your little bubba