+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Weight gain during pregnancy....Not gaining weight.

I'm 16 weeks and lost 3 kgs in the first trimester because I found it difficult to eat due to morning sickness. I am worried because I haven't gained any weight even though I am eating better and my little bump is growing. Does anyone know what the 'norm' is for weight gain during pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not sure what's normal but I gained nothing for the whole pregnancy. I was really lucky. I know friends who have been 10kg less than their starting weight at 9 months pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, if bub's is still growing as it should and you feel healthy and are eating normally then i wouldnt be worried. Everyone is different with their weight gains/losses during pregnancy.
    It is notmal to loose weight during morning sickness period.
    You might make up for it towards the end

Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    During my first pregnancy I lost 25kg and this time round had lost about 5kg last time I weighed myself. Haven't gotten on the scales in ages so not sure if I've lost or gained anything in the last 8 weeks. Don't stress as long as you are eating all the right things and are feeling great then you and bub will be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost 8kgs by 16 weeks now at 31weeks I've gained that back.and gaining at least 1.5kgs a fortnight. My doctors were never worried so I don't think it is any concern. I think it started to pick up around 25ish weeks.
    =)
    Sent from my LT15a using BubHub

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    with dd i lost 17kg, (underweight) this pregnancy ive lost 10, but regained 2 so far (overwieght)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reassurance, I don't think I am as hungry as usual but I am eating enough and probably a lot healthier than before, my dr just makes me a little concerned by telling me I should be putting on weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was always concerned about my lack of weight gain when I was pregnant, my OB reassured me it was nothing to worry about, by the time I had DS I weighed 16kg less than my of start weight and I stayed steady at a 2 kg loss right the way through my pg. I also didn't suffer from morning sickness however I did end up with GD due to my PCOS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 39 weeks and I have gained a total of 10kg so far.

With my previous pregnancy I gained 13kg.

As long as you are eating when hungry and making good food choices then I am sure it's fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Due to morning sickness with DD I had lost 1.5kg at 14 weeks. I then went on to gain 20kg by 41 weeks...and it's not like I ate heaps, I was very healthy and went to the gym regularly. I'm nearly back to pre pregnancy weight now though (DD is 5 months).