+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't know, (having 3 kids with unusual names) I guess I would be flattered, but on the same hand if it were someone close to me or an aquaintance I saw regularly, it would seem a bit 'odd' I guess, as one of my child's name in particular is so unusual, it's practically unheard of, so if that one was used I would feel a bit strange about it but not bitter or angry that would be a little OTT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Strange response from me lol

If someone wanted to use ds's name then I would be flattered as its so old and so unknown.

If it were dd's name I wouldn't lol cause hers is becoming rather popular lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would also love to hear these unusual names!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My son's name is relatively unusual, but it wouldn't worry me if somebody I knew used it.

I would probably feel awkward using somebody else's unusual name as I would worry they would think I copied them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much for your replies! I really don't want to put the name here just in case she sees (paranoid I know).

Again, I'm not even TTC but I love playing the name game and it's now my #1.

Cheers again xoxo Mary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1s name is unique. Id hate if someone copied, i like unique names, i called him something different because i wanted his name to be different. It would annoy me if people copied, which would make his name become popular iygwim.

A girl in my very very small town (im talking 300people) who knew me, called her child the same name (she had a girl :/). Everyone comments that she copied DS's name. it annoyed me so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No one owns a name so for me I don't care really. My ds is braddon and is practically unheard of unless you live in Canberra, and then it is a suburb lol. If people want to use it go for it.
    My cousin had her dd yesterday and her middle name is the same as my dd3. Our families commented, but who cares, she obviously has great taste and it's only middle names. I'm sure the girls will love it when they grow up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it was someone here on bubhub it wouldnt bother me, but if it was someone I knew, say in my town, someone I might very well come into contact with on a regular basis and know the same people, then yes, id be kinda annoyed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd find it quite funny. I have a very common name and always had several classmates or friends with the same name, which could be confusing or irritating depending on the circumstance. I chose a REALLY unusual name for DD so she could avoid that particular hell. It would be hella funny if she ended up with a name doppleganger because someone loved her name enough to copy it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted my boys to have different name up with out being to out there iynwim so we named them after their grandfathers we have Arthur and Charlie