+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question Am I pregnant? When is a line not a line??

We are ttc, and at the moment I am around 12 days past ovulation. I took a pregnancy test yesterday (pregnosis clear) and when I checked the test withing the 10 minute time frame it was negative. 1 hour later though when I returned home there was definately a faint pink line there!! So I tested again this morning with first morning wee and once again no line within the 10 mintues. 20 minutes later I check and yep - the line is there again!!! It is definately pink and not like your typical evap line, but it keeps appearing AFTER the timeframe. Does this mean I'm pregnant or not?? I've only ever used first response tests in the past (shop wa and still is sold out grr!). Does anyone have any experience with this test and if they are known for false positives/evap lines etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tieko View Post
    We are ttc, and at the moment I am around 12 days past ovulation. I took a pregnancy test yesterday (pregnosis clear) and when I checked the test withing the 10 minute time frame it was negative. 1 hour later though when I returned home there was definately a faint pink line there!! So I tested again this morning with first morning wee and once again no line within the 10 mintues. 20 minutes later I check and yep - the line is there again!!! It is definately pink and not like your typical evap line, but it keeps appearing AFTER the timeframe. Does this mean I'm pregnant or not?? I've only ever used first response tests in the past (shop wa and still is sold out grr!). Does anyone have any experience with this test and if they are known for false positives/evap lines etc?
    Evap lines have no colour in them, they are grey. I would say maybe you are very very early into the pregnancy and it's just taking a while for the strip to show it up. If you have a pic I can have a play and see for you?
    If you have any more tests hope the test in a cup of your wee for the time it says. At 5mins take a pic and I can have a look at it :-)

crossed for you :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ellimac For This Useful Post:

laurea  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do you upload photos to yoru profile - I took a pic this morning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like pregnosis because I found it too annoying (I used the cup dipsick one) but i have never gotten an evap on one so i would say you may be pregnant. As ellimac said eveps don't have colour so if it is pink there is a chance. i have my fingers crossed for you, Good luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LilMuffin For This Useful Post:

laurea  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, u can get early detection tests, i think from 10 days past?
    Usually the instructions tell a specific amount of time to view the test. some are 5 and some are 10mins. They say not to read the test and discard after that time frame. So i would regard it as neg.

Try again in a couple days and do the test using ur first morning wee, like you did Ususally if ur hormone levels r high enough the line will appear straight away, so i agree with pp, you might not have a adequite amount of pregnancy hormone just yet.

Goodluck, such an exciting time!!!!

When i did a test and it was pos i thought it was a bodgy test so i went out and brought another 3 diff brands of tests lol ...they were all poss....and i was 6weeks pregnant hehe.
    Last edited by Humphreyisapuppet; 09-03-2012 at 09:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do you upload photos to yoru profile - I took a pic this morning!

If you go to the little icon on here looks like a little picture next to the blue ball with a red X on it. Click that then select up load from computer. Find the pic and select and then hit up load. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This happened to me and it turned out i was actually pregnant.
    I would wait 3 days (if you can stand it) and test again.
    Good luck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

laurea  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay I think I got this right (after having to resize several times!!) It definatley looks pink right? Which isn't characteristic of an evap line - but yes you're right, they do say to disregard lines after the timeframe!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay I think I got this right (after having to resize several times!!) It definatley looks pink right? Which isn't characteristic of an evap line - but yes you're right, they do say to disregard lines after the timeframe!

It does at first look like a evap line but once I have played with it there is a hint of pink in that line. It's not strong but there. I would say try a strip test and dip it into a cup of wee. Take a pic at 5mins and then post it :-) Best because you might be so early is to do it in the morning but make sure you don't drink after 8pm and go pee before bed so the wee is not diluted(sp)

I will up load the played pic for you to see

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ellimac For This Useful Post:

Tieko  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews