+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    Its about as uncomfortable as getting a pap smear.
    That was the biggest load of crap I think I had ever heard before my first insertion.

For those having any iud inserted when you have never dilated don't do it with a general I know now.
    Just like a pap smear does that cover child birth as well

No way was a Mirena introducer going to fit I ended up with an old copper which was terrible, when my Mirena was inserted about a year ago I had a nice sleep this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had mine in for 6 weeks, bled non stop and it made me feel crazy! Literally crazy. I had it removed as there is no way I was putting up with being down, teary and feeling like I needed to go to the crazy house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMouse84 View Post
    I work in a gyno office and we have ladies come back and have them trimmed if need be. It should be anything but worse as on insertion the strings are actually cut to size so therefore trimming them would not make them poker, just shorter.

Id definitely ask the gyno who did it for you, to trim

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    when I got mine put in, my ob said he deliberately trimmed them long so they sort of wrapped up around the cervix and could not be felt when DTD. He said if cut to short there WERE pokey and he had ladies come back saying their partner could feel them and they were uncomfortable. Funny thing is, I got it put in when DD2 was 6 months old, and they were quite long; when I got my (light) periods back when DD2 was 19 months (thanks breastfeeding ), my cervix sort of changed shape, and now the strings are really short and sometimes I cant feel them at all. First time I couldn't feel them I had a panic, but if i get into a certain position I always can. So they were long, and now they are short. I have also noticed they have 'softened up' quite a bit since I got them put in, which I have read is normal. Either way, DH has never complained. I think just the fact that he is getting some action makes him happy, dont think he'd care even if he was being poked HAHA

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecat View Post
    DH has never complained. I think just the fact that he is getting some action makes him happy, dont think he'd care even if he was being poked HAHA
    When he tells me about his discomfort it always starts with "Not that I am complaining but......"

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdear View Post
    That was the biggest load of crap I think I had ever heard before my first insertion.

For those having any iud inserted when you have never dilated don't do it with a general I know now.

No way was a Mirena introducer going to fit I ended up with an old copper which was terrible, when my Mirena was inserted about a year ago I had a nice sleep this time.
    I have never dilated and had only the amount of discomfort associated with a pap smear. Looks like everyone is different and has different pain thresholds.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for calling my post a big load of crap, appreciate it.

I was giving MY experience with Mirena. I never said it was the same for everyone. I had never dilated because I had had a c section and for me, it was a very painless experience.
    So just because YOU found it painful, dont label peoples posts who didnt 'the biggest load of crap' because its just not true.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

Brandnewbeginnings  (16-03-2012),jacobsmamma  (16-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told mine was really awkward to insert due to positioning etc, and it was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever had done (not painful, just horrible). I bled for about a month then nothing since (about 12 months now). I think it's awesome but I'm glad it lasts so long as I'll be dreading getting it replaced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    Thanks for calling my post a big load of crap, appreciate it.

I was giving MY experience with Mirena. I never said it was the same for everyone. I had never dilated because I had had a c section and for me, it was a very painless experience.
    So just because YOU found it painful, dont label peoples posts who didnt 'the biggest load of crap' because its just not true.
    fly on the handle why don't you

I did not call you post crap, crap is what I labelled what the doctors said about the procedure nothing like a pap smear

Thanks
    Reviews
    fly on the handle why don't you

I did not call you post crap, crap is what I labelled what the doctors said about the procedure nothing like a pap smear
    Im not sure I flew off the handle. Trust me, you would know if I did.

You didn't label what the doctors said because you quoted me, and my exact words, in my own words, were 'Its about as uncomfortable as getting a pap smear'. I never said a doctor told me that. You must have misread my post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well i found it a lot more painful then any other pap smear i've had done before but he said that it was all to the with the fact that i have a retroverted uterus and the position on my cervix meant he had to grab it and pinch it with these plier thingys (i'm sure there is a medical term LOL) and move it out of the way. but i had a regular pap smear to start with and that hurt too where it never has before. but ah well i'm glad it lasts 5years so i don't have to worry about it for a long while yet lol.