+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone had the Mirena fitted?

I'm just wondering if anyone has the Mirena fitted and how they find it?? I'm supposed to be getting one put in today but i think i'm going to chicken out so i just wanted to find out others experiences before i do though lol

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it done 6 weeks after the birth of my second child. I had no pain with it getting inserted it was just uncomfy for a few hours. You do bleed fr a few weeks after it is fitted.

I had issues with it BUT that was because my uterus isn't the normal shape. I had it for 3 years and never had an issue with the device itself!

DH never felt it when having sex, never fell out, if it wasn't for my heart shaped uterus I would of got it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had no pain at all, not getting it put in or having it out 5 years later. They tell you to cough as they are implanting it, I coughed and braced myself, but felt nothing.
    Its about as uncomfortable as getting a pap smear.

I loved mine but have heard some women suffered with theirs, bleeding etc. I never bled at all with mine and my periods stopped within a few short months.

Just relax, take a deep breath ad think about being somewhere else, its over before you know it, very quick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well i got it done today. It was a bit painful he said because my uterus is flipped that he had to move the cervix out of the way and that is what hurt the most. I'm glad its over with and i haven't really had any pain since having it in. i'm glad it lasts for 5 years cause i wouldnt' want to be going back to have it done again any time soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have one, bit of cramping and dizziness when it went in; bloating and pg like symptoms for 3 months, after that all good. Now light periods and no issues.

Waaaay better than any pill I have been on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay thats great to know. i've always had heavy periods so i'm really hoping that this makes them really light or disappear all together that would be nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one too. I got it for very heavy periods. I was told the best I could hope for is for my periods to become more normal.

It was pretty painful getting it put in and I felt quite dizzy and umm, I don't know how to explain it. Just a weird feeling and a bit shaky. I was ok the next day except a bit crampy.

I did get REALLY annoying bleeding for over 4 and a half months afterwards though. It just didn't stop, it was horrible! The Gyno told me he didn't think it was going to work for me but to give it another couple of weeks and if the bleeding hadn't stopped then I would have to get it removed. I even made the appointment to remove it and then the bleeding suddenly stopped the next day.

Now, I get maybe one single little and light spot once every few months or so and thats it. Nothing else.

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH can feel the strings and it causes him some grazing and discomfort the next day. Does anyone elses partner get this. GP said trimming the strings would only make the problem worse as the strings would be more 'pokey' if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, no problem with the strings. My Gyno trimmed the strings when he put it in though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    My DH can feel the strings and it causes him some grazing and discomfort the next day. Does anyone elses partner get this. GP said trimming the strings would only make the problem worse as the strings would be more 'pokey' if that makes sense.
    I work in a gyno office and we have ladies come back and have them trimmed if need be. It should be anything but worse as on insertion the strings are actually cut to size so therefore trimming them would not make them poker, just shorter.

Id definitely ask the gyno who did it for you, to trim

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub