+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Final bond inspection

Would any real estate agents or property managers (or anyone?) be able to tell me if tenants are able to be present at a final bond inspection? I'm in WA

Also can they do the final inspection before I've handed the keys in?
    Last edited by Beachside Mumma; 09-03-2012 at 00:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was a PM here in WA before having DS, and yes you can request to be there.

I never did them before keys were returned simply as keys were often returned the day the lease ended, and often late in the day. Also depending on the size of the house and condition, it could take upto 2 hours to do a thorough report, so I preferred to do them in the morning and update the photos at the same time.

Plus, until the keys are handed in, how do you know the tenant has finished moving and cleaning unless you've made arrangements with them?

I used to plan on doing them within 2 days of the lease expiry and I never had a Tenant ask, but wouldn't have cared if they wanted to be there.
    Last edited by Californication; 09-03-2012 at 01:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. Our agent is very well known for not giving bonds back so we asked to be present at the inspection but they told us we weren't allowed to. Our keys are due today and the keys are ready to be handed in first thing but I was a little annoyed at discovering yesterday they had booked in the final inspection for this morning - what if we weren't ready to hand in the keys?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've always attended my bond inspections

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been out all day and only just catching up now - how did you go? Hope it all went well for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    It went surprisingly well. We decided just to let them do it on their own and I just wrote a note about a couple of things that I gave them when I handed in the keys. Apparently the owner wants to be compensated because the lawn looks dry (although that was only because the lawn mower person he organized only mowed the lawn last week for the first time since Xmas so it looks brown in places now it's cut cause it was so long). But I'm not going to complain, everyone in town complains about how hard it is to get your bond back from them so i was expecting them to want to take most of our bond but instead we'll get it back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news! I assume you have some sort of water restrictions where you are (I know we do here and think they are country wide???) so you could possibly use that to get out of the lawn if he is asking for a heap of $$ for it. LL's here just have to deal with it. We can only water 2 days a week so if the garden is brown, it's brown. Not much we can do about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beachside mumma, there are some awful real estates where you are from, and I could tell you so many horror stories from the mere two years I rented there. We got broken into in fairways, they shattered windows and ripped the side gate clean off it's hinges, police attended, when I rang my pm the next day about getting it fixed I was told that no maintenance would be performed on the property this month, and if my dogs getting out through the open Gate Is a problem I should go to bunnings and buy some chains and chain them up 24/7. I was so outraged, they really just think because there is a shortage of houses out there they can treat tenants like **** and charge ridiculous amounts for rent. Good luck getting your bond back.