+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Redlands Hospital - Antenatal Clinic

Hey everyone!

Who has been to the Redlands antenatal!??? I've been having REALLY bad issues with them to the point the ***** of a midwife today hurt my stomach so much it's STILL hurting 8hrs later from pushing into my pelvis as hard as she could!

I've had nothing but issues with multiple docs in there n I was just wondering what everyone else's experiences are?

I'm 32w n starting to get really worried bout labour in there if they can't even manage appointments properly!

Please share if uve had any experience so I know if I should push to be transferred elsewhere!

Thanks heaps! <3
    Roz

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two beautiful babies at the Redlands hospital. They are 2 and 4 now so it was a little while ago... I did share care with my gp though so I didn't spend too much time at their clinics.

I found the midwives to be great during my birth and hospital stay.. I'll be going back there next time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majke View Post
    I had two beautiful babies at the Redlands hospital. They are 2 and 4 now so it was a little while ago... I did share care with my gp though so I didn't spend too much time at their clinics.

I found the midwives to be great during my birth and hospital stay.. I'll be going back there next time
    I'm doing share care too.... But so far I'm having a shocking time with them. The last midwife I had in with the doc had me SCREAMING in pain she was pushing SO hard into my pelvis... Then had the nerve to say "I know it hurts but I'm going to do it again"... Completely unnecessary to hav been so evil! My doc even said that was awful treatment!

I hope it was as good as my First trip thru to the birthing unit was a good experience with the doc on duty... They were worried I was going into early labour.

Anyone else had experiences with Redlands?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went to Redlands, but I went to the private part. Loved my obs, but was not a big fan of the midwives - and considering the obs didn't even make it to Mikayla's birth, I guess I wanted to love my midwives! I don't think I'll be going back there for number 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well today will tell me if I hav confidence in them now or not! I hav an appt this arvo with the head doc to try resolve my issues with ALL the previous docs! Let's c if this makes any diff or if they'll hav me in tears to come home again at least DF will b with me this time n I won't let the stupid midwife hurt me again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CazGotHam View Post
    I went to Redlands, but I went to the private part. Loved my obs, but was not a big fan of the midwives - and considering the obs didn't even make it to Mikayla's birth, I guess I wanted to love my midwives! I don't think I'll be going back there for number 3.
    Oh that's awful and in private! I missed private by 2months ( damnit! But I've heard SO many hood things bout Redlands I was actually excited bout going there :-/ now tis a diff story!

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went and had a pretty ok experience. I did shared care with GP and that was fine. All midwives with appointments were good. I was sent down to ER after my 36 week check up because I had an abcess on my back which needed to be lanced and I had to wait 7 hours in ER for that and then the dr that did it didn't do it properly and put too much packing in it. It was so painful I ended up back the next day.

My labour was fine and the midwives were wonderful. The only issue I had post baby was that I found it very hard to get them to come and help me with breastfeeding. I think they had other high maintenance patients at the same time. I was left in bed after a Epidural from 3am until 11am the next morning post birth without anyone helping me to the shower. I didn't know what to do as the last midwife to talk to me when the put me on the ward said don't get up to walk until we come to assist you. It was pretty horrible not being able to shower for that time.

I don't know if I'll go back next time. But i've heard so many bad stories about other hospitals I think the redlands is the best out of the choices...

Good luck with your appointment, I hope its positive!

She~Ra is offline Princess Of Power ... (formerly Mumtofive)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had all 6 of my babies at the redlands hospital most recently 8mnths ago, and had a good experience with both the drs and the midwives...

I did have an issue with my last prgnancy regarding a dr but it was resolved pretty quickly..

I have never had an issue during my labours and all the midwifes listen to my requests and accomodated as they could..

Im sorry that you are not having a good experience..
    Here if u need any thing..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys
    My last appt I got royal treatment! N they couldn't apologize enuff to me! So that's a good start I guess n it's eased my mind a lot that the actual birthing experiences r good! Except for private that's just awful!
    I guess getting so close to due date I'm getting worried bout everything even more so!

Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my 5mth old there and i cant talk highly enough of them!!! I found one of the midwives awful at an appointment but the rest were great.
    I had a VBAC and they were really supportive. When i went into labour i had alot of bleeding so even though i wasnt in active labour they kept me in on the ward (they were flat out at the time). They let hubby stay longer than he should have which was just as well. Since i was having a VBAC i was 'meant' to be hooked up to monitors and have a cannular. I didnt want any of it for personal reasons. They were very supportive and accepted my wishes and never pushed it.
    The one and only bad thing i could say was bub was born early hrs of friday morning and i wanted to go home saturday morning. They took forever to get us out of there. They were more than happy for us to stay till monday or longer which is good for some but i just wanted to get home.

I have had 3 children at Mater and 1 at Redlands. I would go back to Redlands in a heartbeat. I would NEVER consider going anywhere else!!!!

Good luck and i hope the rest of your appointments go well. I hope your labour/birth/postnatal experience is as great as mine was