+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Freedom fighters or terrorists ? no I think they are just a company trying to make money under the guise of animal rights activists. I have long disagreed with their views on the treatment of animals.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lulu 2 For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think like any 'group' that aims or claims to fight for rights, there will always be the renegade, fundamentalist ones that inevitably ruin it for the genuine ones.

In my former line of work, I was often asked if I had ever been involved in any such groups purely because of possible issues with things like the above.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are a bit of a joke to me. They throw things at anyone who wears fur and get celebrities to take their clothes off for promotion.
    They just seem like a bunch of people who are more interested in their image rather then their work.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

RunningWithScissors  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love that they take a stand for animal rights. I do not love the way they go about it. Nor do I believe a great deal of their claims.
    There are lots of local animal rights groups that I prefer to support because I can actually SEE them rescuing animals

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

haveheart  (09-03-2012),MissMuppet  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They don't fight for freedom or commit acts of terror IMO. Like them or hate them, their message is out there, which is great.., but I don't like their methods

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been told by a handful of people (all Vegos or vegans) that they actually put the animals in those horrible situations so they can film their bullsht shock videos.

There are so many better organizations IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like that they draw attention to animal rights. There's over the top activists with any cause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I've been told by a handful of people (all Vegos or vegans) that they actually put the animals in those horrible situations so they can film their bullsht shock videos.

Why would they do that? There's heaps of animal abuse out there. They don't need to fake it. I think that's a bit dubious tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post

Sorry but I doubt that very much. If that were ever proven it would destroy their credibility instantly- PETA is many things but I don't think they would take such a stupid and senseless risk when there is plenty of actual cruelty to animals they can film