+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebones View Post
    I think it can affect you and put a halt to things. When I was in the delivery room, middle of contractions, DH decided to pop home for a steak. (don't get me started) and things slowed down. I was almost going to be taken back down to the ward so I called DH told him to move it and he got there about a half hour later and dd was born about twenty minutes later. It was like once I knew all was cool things could happen. But when he was away it was on hold.
    Are you serious I would have killed him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree that your emotions do affect your labour. I was just overdue and due to be seen by my OB the next day and would have been discussing induction, which I did not want to do. Had a big D and M with DH about it and then the niggles I had had all day turned into labour, had DS at midnight! Hope your DH is well and truly home by now

3. The Following User Says Thank You to oconky For This Useful Post:

loop  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madjedjjlill View Post
    Are you serious I would have killed him
    Totally serious. I was livid as hell at the time and almost three years later I still give him a ribbing. I don't believe men, well at least my man, understand the emotional side in labour. Which is why OP I think your partner saw no probs going for a surf.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

loop  (09-03-2012)

loop is offline Two kiddos keeping me on my toes :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebones View Post
    Totally serious. I was livid as hell at the time and almost three years later I still give him a ribbing. I don't believe men, well at least my man, understand the emotional side in labour. Which is why OP I think your partner saw no probs going for a surf.

You're so right - they dont get it. I know a lot of men are great with pregnancy and labour and all, but obviously not ours. I would be giving DP a hard time everytime the word steak is mentioned, forget about ever cooking it again for him!

DP came home at midnight after his dinner, then proceeded to tell me how his boss had said this and that and how hard it all is. He has been offered another job and cannot decide what to do. Well frankly, I have had it with taking care of him its been going on for weeks! I know changing jobs is a big thing, but ITS JUST A JOB! I will only get this one more chance of giving birth, our last baby and this is BIG for us. So far it is only big for me. I know when were at the hospital and bubs is there he will be on board, he will be a proud, loving, crying daddy. Until then though he will be eyeing the surf and have nothing on his mind but work. Thank god its the weekend, and he has promised DS zoo and playtime. Thats some ME time for mummy and bubs to have a chat about coming out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I just wanted chime in and agree! I started with some cramping / pre-labour niggles the other night. Kept waking up to the pain so when morning time came around DH went to work and I checked all my back up people to make sure I could get someone here ASAP to look after DD if I had to hop it to hospy before DH got home. Went through my hosp bag, made sure I was ready in case.

Then, the PayTV man came to install an additional outlet in our bedroom but he came with the wrong box. Called PayTV Company, they said that he had the box I asked for, not happy!! Argument on phone to customer service. Long story short - got all cross and sent technician away.

Whaddya know? Pre-labour pains came to a complete stop. Have only had the odd niggle since.

Thanks PayTV Company!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EmmyJane For This Useful Post:

loop  (09-03-2012)