+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh wow so out of line of her.

Its not really any of her business what happens outside of thr classroom before its drop off and at pickup. She sounds really not nice to put it nicely.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think you did anything wrong either. I don't quite understand why she thinks she has the right to talk to you like you are a 3 year old! It's sounds like she was very rude and has singled you out for some reason.

I hope you get some answers from the DP, and an apology from her as she has crossed a line if you ask me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've been thinking about this all morning since I got home!!
    For a start, I'd be very concerned at the fact she has brought it up with you in front of not only the other mothers, but your child as well. If she was concerned, she should talk to you away from C so that she isn't discussing his (and your) actions/behaviour in front of him. I'm glad that DDs teacher did that, at least, and called me when DD was playing at lunch, rather than address the issue in front of her. It bothers me that she has done this all in front of C

As for if you did the right thing, absolutely you did! I know a few of the mums in DDs class have spoken to the principal about various issues with our teacher and it has all been handled very civilly and been resolved with even an apology (in one case) and no further issues resulting. I'm confident the deputy will handle this appropriately, and if you aren happy with the outcome then you should go to the principal or possibly even a formal, written complaint.

It's not their business, and they have no right to tell you what to do. He is getting home safely, and that's all that matters! (and I'm tempted to use your pram to see how my teachers react to it hahaha)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (08-03-2012),LoveLivesHere  (08-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Thanks for all of your reassurances

Hi Loving6 both my boys are very active, on the go go go all day long not just physically but mentally I do have a feeling she finds him spirited and thinks that he does have too much energy. He isn't on the big side at all, 110cm (?) and 22kg when I checked the other week he was right on with the breastfeeding growth charts I'd say he is stocky but not overweight.

Ahh, Lights bulbs going off everywhere.....

An inexperienced teacher/teacher aide seem to have this idea that very active kids need more activity so they will settle better for them at school. Well I am afraid that never works. By the way, my adhd child was/is stocky too.

If they have concerns that he is being overactive at school ask them to refer him to the local women's and children team (ot, physio and speech) for a assessment. If he does need more movement than other kids there are special class set ups and several activities that can help. A lot of things are really simple like put the pencils on the ground so that he has bend over to reach them. This will help keeping sitting at a desk etc....

I agree with London, if you can get DH to be there, please do it will make it much easier on you. Let them know there are ways to talk to you eg making a appointment if they have concerns. Speaking to your child, while you there about concerns they have about things outside the classroom is never acceptable (eg. riding in the pram).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (08-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You did the right thing. That would p!ss me off to no end!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You did the right thing.

But, don't most of the other kids get driven to kindy anyway?? What's the difference if they're driven in a car of pushed in a pram? I don't get it.

Also my DD has walked the 3+km to her kindy (when she was 3.5) for a few playdates they held there last year, and geez after that walk and playing for just and hour or so, she was absolutely pooped. No way would I get her to walk to and from kindy on a normal day. The kindy day in itself is almost too tiring as is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Next time she pipes up, just remind her she is the teachers ASSISTANT and if your son is having any issues within SCHOOL hours, you will discuss them with the teacher not the assitant!

Remind her who the parent is and you will do as you bloody please! Stride off and do as you want to. You clearly know what is best for your child.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aquillah For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (08-03-2012),MegaGuts  (08-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you did the right thing. Who is she to determine whether your son should be walking or going in the pram?? It's a long way for little legs, especially after a kinder session and a hot day. Poo to her!

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    bada has a very good point about other children being driven to school, so what difference does a bit of time in a pram make. None I'd say.

It's all very weird that she's saying much at all to be honest. My ds went to 4yo kinder 3 days a week last year and the assistant never offered any advice. The teacher did make some comments, but usually when virtually no-one else could hear.

The only comment that the teachers did make in front of everyone was telling the children to carry their own bags. I often heard children told off for making mum/dad carry their bag into kinder. No big deal, certainly not like the comments made to you.

Knowing my ds he eats constantly and even if he's just eaten afternoon tea he might be hungry (in fact I'm cooking my ds pasta now despite him eating afternoon tea only an hour ago). It's not vaguely appropriate for the assistant to tell you whether to feed him or not.

She seems to have raised a number of issues. If there are issues that need attention then she should have mentioned them to the teacher and then the teacher should have called a meeting with you if needed. That's how things should work, rather than making comments in front of everyone. She's way out of line!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

Berrie  (08-03-2012),MegaGuts  (08-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bada View Post
    You did the right thing.

But, don't most of the other kids get driven to kindy anyway?? What's the difference if they're driven in a car of pushed in a pram? I don't get it.
    The difference is in the pram you get fresh air

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (08-03-2012)