+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Artful - Dr Gubbay just delivered my first bub and is fantastic.

I booked at 8 weeks and consider myself very lucky to get in however I was a patient of his years ago for another matter which obviously helped.

OP.. Is your appointment with the doctor your asking about soon? You could always go and see how you gel with him... Perhaps in the mean time put your name down on waiting lists....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am now using him for my second pregnancy. He is just a gem of a man. Relaxed, thorough and caring. I love his receptionists too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try Tim Jeffrey or Nick Tskos both subi smog both excellent - you may get lucky. Nick is away in Oct so not taking anyone for month of Oct hence I went with Tim.

I only booked in 10 days ago and I am due on Oct 22

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for all the feedback and the discussion. I actually received quite a few negative feedback regarding Dr May Al Tamimi. Even the widwife and the hospital didnt say much good. I have finally deceided to go with Julie Goad. Went to Attadale hospital, small but nice. Hope all goes well. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you got in some where you are happy with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, this is my first pregnancy and I'm an older mum. 5 weeks today. Been trying for a long time so still hasn't sunk in that I'm pregnant!

Now the fun part of finding a good ob in Perth. I've been recommended Simon Turner, Helen Clarke and reading the posts, Melissa O'Neill seems good as well.

Who would people recommend?

I haven't rung around yet, but what are the management fees normally and are they paid up front?

Thanks...
    Julie

Thanks
    Reviews

Default ob recommendation

[QUOTE=joolsfirstone;7172abouts , this is my first pregnancy and I'm an older mum. 5 weeks today. Been trying for a long time so still hasn't sunk in that I'm pregnant!

Now the fun part of finding a good ob in Perth. I've been recommended Simon Turner, Helen Clarke and reading the posts, Melissa O'Neill seems good as well.

Who would people recommend?

I haven't rung around yet, but what are the management fees normally and are they paid up front?

Thanks...
    Julie[/QUOTE]

Hi Julie, not sure where abouts you live but try Julie Goad. She is in Jandakot and delivers in Attadale. She is lovely and her management fee is about $2000 which you can pay in installments. She is really good. I had a hard labour and wasn't diallating as quickly I should have. I was very impressed how she took charge of the whole situation. If I was somewhere else would have definitely ended up with a c sec. Attadale is lovely. Small but lovely. Very caring midwives. Its lovely I think cause its a small hospital. Hope it all goes well. Congratulations.

Regards
    Cathy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have heard attadale is lovely.

I saw Dr anna holmes at murdoch, fantastic, but she books out quickly I believe. I had a great experience at murdoch. However, I recently had an operation there and it was quite noisy with all the construction with the Fiona stanley hospital, though I think the maternity ward is on the other side, its something to consider.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

i did ring around and managed to get last apt with dr Anna Holmes for my due date.
    However now my partner is wondering why I'm not going public as 'his first child was born in a public hospital and that was fine and free'...
    My sister in law had an awful birth at KEMH so not keen on that.
    Any advice on public, choice of OB?

I'd rather go private.
    Thanks
    Julie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm it's a really hard one to answer I can give you my experience and see what you think.
    i would be interested to hear what others think about my experience for when we go again as ive still not made up my minds out what to do in future.

We have a 13 month old ( yay got throughout the first year. I never new it would be this hard. They don't use sleep deprivation as torture for nothing!). Anyway I'm wondering about number 2 and need your advice. I had number1 at mercy and was in labour for 24 hrs. Went it at 5pm and then they started inducing at 8amish. Had an epidural (that only worked on one side and really they should have got the dr back to re-insert) and they kept giving me top up meds that resulted in one side going numb. So when they said push I was pushing like mad for 1hr (until they cut me as my daughter was stuck) but trying to push with only one side you can feel was crazy because you don't really know if its working. Anyway it all turned out of ie healthy baby but I do wonder if my ob was good or bad. This was not a great experience for me as I ended up projectile vomiting on 4 occasions and felt terrible pain for hrs i felt at one stage I was about to burst something inside me. I called mercy to discuss how or why this happened and they said because I didn't seem like I was in enough pain (for exact words ie not screaming) that they thought I was ok. My response was then why did you keep giving me top up meds? No response. I'm just wondering if they couldn't or wouldn't get the anaesthetist back? What are your thoughts should my ob have been more proactive - next time I will be that's for sure! My ob was de Charles Armstrong. He is a nice guy but I really loved his mid wife totally beautiful (and reception staff were good).

If you have any question please asK? I know when I was in your position I didn't know what to do too.