+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Joy of finding an obstetrician/ gyno : Feedback needed

Iam about to be a first time mum and underestimated the task of find an ob/gyno . Rang 20 places and as soon as I told them it was my first child and I had not seen the doctor before, their secretary said that the Dr was on holidays or not available. Finally have got through Dr May Al-Tamimi at Attadale. Any feedback about the doctor or the hospital? Has anyone out there used either. Would love to share your experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you in Perth? And how far along are you? OBs in Perth are notoriously difficult to get in to.

Your best bet is to figure out which hospital you'd like to birth in, and then go down the OB list for that hospital.

My SIL just had her baby at Attadale (with a different OB though) and she loved it there. It's a really small hospital so you get a really personalized experience.

Little Squishy - Due May 2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Or try a big hospital like SJOG Murdoch or SUbi, where there is so many OBs that hopefully you can get in with someone?

Me and many other girls I know have had to beg and beg to get in. If you have to...
    My OB takes 12 new ladies per month and he took 15 or so I think the month I was due as sometimes there is a boom!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How far along are you? Most obs in Perth book out by the time you are about 10 weeks.

A good friend of mine had both her babies at Attadale and absolutely loved it. I think her doctor was called Dr Tan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My OB at sjog murdoch books out very very fast. I called up when I was 4 weeks pregnant and was the last person to get in for that month. How far along are you?? Just keep calling as many as you can you will get in, maybe ask if they have a cancelations list?
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Do you need an ob?

I've had a rather negative experience with the dr you mentioned in your op. I've also had experience with three well known OB's that work out of SJOG Subi and Mercy Hospital. I ended up at KEMH with my third in an emergency situation and my ob nor his stand in could treat me.

If I had my time again, I'd go with a midwifery program.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (06-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Iam in my 11 week currently. I have called every one on sjog murdoch subi and mercy and all are booked out. Couldnt beleive hence with attadale with this OB. What kind of negative experience did u have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm i had a few turn me down and i was 7 weeks when i found out... I wish you luck and hope you find an ob.Keep tryimg or see if u can get wait listed as they unforyunately do have cancellations. Oh & beg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I booked my ob at 4 weeks pregnant as I had heard this before. My ob is Adam gubbay and he is difficult to get into. I do suggest begging.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    I booked my ob at 4 weeks pregnant as I had heard this before. My ob is Adam gubbay and he is difficult to get into. I do suggest begging.
    My OB is Dr Gubbay as well, and I also booked in at 4 weeks I really like him and his receptionists, nothing is too much trouble for them. How are you finding him? (sorry to jump on someone else's thread). Did you have your first bub with him?