+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any good bottle u can recommend? M desperated

Hi everyone,
    My son is 4 months old and since he was born I have been nursing and giving her expressed milk through a bottle, then all of a sudden he refused the bottle and would cry hysterically every time the bottle came near him. so I tried different teats n bottles and even switch different brands of formulas but nothing worked. I m so worried as I need to go back to work in less than 6 weeks time, the idea of he starved himself just killing me!

Do u have any good suggestions? Mightbe the bottles?

Many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dr. Browns makes a bottle I swear by they come in wide mouth and normal size. They reduce has and work wonderfully

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I wanted the "best" best for my dd and spent so much $$ buying all these fancy bottles... you know the ones she loved?

Woolworths 2 pac $4.00

I was so worried cos she was so young and i thought the flow was too fast but it wasnt (4mths) and havent looked back since...

Good luck, i know it is different for everyone, have you tried the flow of the teat? I think DD just got impatient and wanted to drink quicker...

Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pigeon Peristaltic teats fit on avent bottles so if u already have avent bottles definitely give Pigeon a go - only teat DD took to (she is BF).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tomme Tippee close to nature bottles. But they're a little exy. They're supposed to be the closest to breastfeeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try Avent. Are you the one who is giving the bottle? My Dd doesn't take a bottle from me because she knows that boob is just few inches away but she takes the bottle from nanny. Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Danigail For This Useful Post:

loumia  (10-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We tried all the expensive ones but dd would only take to the really cheap, standard bottles.
    I have no idea why she was so fussy about them lol. But it worked out good because we could get a pack of 3 for $16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    I wanted the "best" best for my dd and spent so much $$ buying all these fancy bottles... you know the ones she loved?

Woolworths 2 pac $4.00

I was so worried cos she was so young and i thought the flow was too fast but it wasnt (4mths) and havent looked back since...

Good luck, i know it is different for everyone, have you tried the flow of the teat? I think DD just got impatient and wanted to drink quicker...

Good Luck
    Hahaha!!! That's the same as what we did!! She too only likes the cheap ones ;-)
    Did our heads in! But now we have a box filled with all different brands and types of bottles lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Dr. Browns makes a bottle I swear by they come in wide mouth and normal size. They reduce has and work wonderfully
    I second Dr Browns. We love them. DD is such a guzzler that she takes in so much air with other bottles the last two non Dr Browns she somehow converted her milk into white foam and blew it out her nose
    (You can get a free Dr Browns bottle off their website - you pay about $5 for shipping.)

In terms of getting her to take the bottle I found it was a mix of trying different positions, times of day, person giving the bottle, etc. Lots of experimenting. She likes to lay down on her back.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Windupbird For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (08-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went through so many brands of bottles and ended up finding Tommee Tippee closer to nature the best and have stuck with them