+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubear View Post
    we paid $7K total thought the original price was 3500, we got extra pages.
    WE got 6 hours with 2 photographers, from getting ready thru to start of reception, a dvd of the photos, an beautiful album ( this part cost the extra $3.5K)
    Having said that we asked a few friends to be snap happy and got 1500 photos free - one of which is my absolute fav!
    Sounds like you had the same photographer as us. Going by the before and after cost (album etc) was the photographer from brissy at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, Paton. Loved his work, don't regret any of the expense and he helped make the day memorable. We had a few issues with album creation s I had a budget and am critical of photos of me so would just say no to lots of them.
    I would do the same again I think , though I wouldn't get the DVD cos it wasn't as good and didn't have every photo on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With photography, you get what you pay for. There are cheaper photographers out there but they probably won't spend very long editing.

The best value-for-money option is to find a photographer that will give you a CD of edited HD images. And ask to see lots of their previous work.

Good luck!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mill For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasssssy View Post
    Try these guys they are AMAZING!!! Www.dreamlife.net.au
    Hi Karisha,

Definitely agree with Sassy. We got married in Sydney (since moved to QLD). We used Dreamlife Photos & Video and they were fantastic and really great package prices with loads of inclusions!
    I used their brisbane studio recently to do family photos with our son and the portraits came out really good so I would definitely recommend them.
    Good luck with all your planning!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TK35 For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    Don't skimp on the photos.... they are all you will have after the day.

Get a GOOD photographer who does various location and artistic shots....

cut costs on the alcohol or flowers and get a good photographer.

I wish I did.. that's one thing we cut costs on and I regret it regret it regret it, especially when I see other people's absolutely gorgeous wedding shots
    This, totally.

One of my closest friends skimped on the photos by getting one of the bridesmaids brothers to do the photography (he had skills, but mainly landscape/artistic shots). She has barely one decent shot from the day and regrets it so much. Sad part is, they could afford a good photographer

As for us, we spent about $1700 from memory (in 2008), which included 6 hours of photography coverage, a DVD slide show set to our choice of music and all images on a disc in high resolution. We saved a lot by not getting a package that included a fancy album.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We hunted around for a while cause i had friends that paid a fortune and got really bad pics. In the end we decided to go with a lady that was starting her own photography business and had been assisting a well known photographer for ages. As she was just starting her own business her deal was $750, that included unlimited images, unlimited time with us from start to finish, she gave us 4 canvas prints 40x30, and also a dvd. All images were copyright to us also. She did a fantastic job and was a blast throughout all the photos and the whole day. We found her on gumtree, and we did ask to see all her pics and credentials prior to hiring her and we also organised to have family portraits done with her too so we could see her work first hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TK35 View Post
    Hi Karisha,

Definitely agree with Sassy. We got married in Sydney (since moved to QLD). We used Dreamlife Photos & Video and they were fantastic and really great package prices with loads of inclusions!
    I used their brisbane studio recently to do family photos with our son and the portraits came out really good so I would definitely recommend them.
    Good luck with all your planning!
    We used dreamlife in sydney for our video and LOVE it. They also have really good photography, we were bummed we picked another photographer before them.. I can show you a link to our wedding video if you are interested. They aren't the cheapest around but also far from the dearest. As PP said, you really do get what you pay for!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is costing $200 - but that's a family friend who is a photographer, and will only be putting in around 2hrs of work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We paid $1200 but did get a special deal as it was a friend of my mums who is a photographer. She came out to my house before the wedding to get photos, took photos of the boys at the ceremony location, photographed the ceremony, our family photos afterwards and the reception up until just after the first dance. For that we got a leather photo album full of photos and a cd with the photos on for us to print ourselves as we see fit. We also just put disposable cameras on the guests tables too so that we could get some random party shots from the reception.

I got a number of quotes for photography - I think this was around the best one I got, most were much more expensive - one quoted me around $3500!!! We couldnt afford anything like that and were very happy with what we got for what we paid for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We paid $2250, plus an extra $250 for her to stay at the reception for an extra hour.

The package included upto 400 photos in a proof box (but received over 600 at no extra cost), her time from 2pm to shoot me and my bridesmaid and DH and his best man getting ready, guests arriving, ceremony location, full ceremony, location shoot, family and group shots, us entering the reception and mock cake cutting plus pics of the reception room. We received over 600 photos and 2 discs (both with all pics on them).

For a similar package I was quoted almost double by another photographer- and no other photographer offered as much for under $2500. I was very impressed and the photographer we had was brilliant. She was warm and friendly and made us feel very comfortable. Not a single photo was disappointing (bar some people in it).