+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We're used these guys
    http://www.somethingbluephotography....otographyblog/

Our wedding was in the Hunter but they do Sydney also. We had a tiny wedding so only had ceremony and location shots, we also had a 50 photo album all up it was just over$3000 and worth every cent as the photos were awesome and really arty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not sure if someone has suggestd this already, i havent read all the replys.

Check out your local newspaper. I got a freelance photographer out of my local paper. We paid $900 and got EVERY photo, edited and copyrighted to us!!!!!! He was there(with his partner) for 6 hours (from getting ready to cake cutting) and he was AMAZING!!

I ended up making collages, photo books, big blow up photos etc out of my photos. I didnt have to decided which ones i wanted as i got them all!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We paid a little over $3000 for ours. They travelled to the Southern Highlands and were fab! Craven Images. Another route is to try that website www.serviceseeking.com.au you can post a quote request and see what the photographers are willing to charge. We used it for a make-up artist not long ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Craven images we had 2 photographers for 6 hours. They drove from Sydney and stayed over night included. We got 3 albums with all our prints, plus digital copies on disks, there were about 350 all up. They were fab!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG thank you so much for all your replies. Ive been quoted about 3000 so far which includes basically 2pm - 10pm with two photographers and some extra things. I thought it was reasonable but DH had a heart attack cos we just shelled out close to 20k for the reception. As per many your replies, it is once in a lifetime event and crucial to have it captured perfect. You have all given me so many ideas and further leads to check out. There are a few members I may pm for some more details in the next coming days. I've only just started coming into BH even though I'm third child down hahah, I love you guys, your such a caring and helpful and informative bunch. Big hugs to all

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My sister has a posh camera, so we did things the Asian way, and had our 'dress up' photos done the day before, then gave guests a cd to mail any pics they had taken.
    My sisters pics are awesome, and she also did our 'new baby' photos.
    So for us it was free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We were so lucky with ours. The photographer we had booked who was my mum's old boss completely forgot so a week before our wedding we were phoning around trying to find someone managed to get someone who at that stage was just doing it as kind of a hobby and used to work as the understudy to the top photographer in our hometown. We paid $400 total!! for him and his wife, the disk with all the photo's so i could print of everything and he was with us from about 1:30pm till 7pm that night and had the first disk back to me at the reception by 9pm
    here is a link for his site he is in new zealand though
    http://www.johnolsen.co.nz/john_olsen/Gallery.html

Some of the ones i was looking at were $3000+ and you didn't get to keep any of the photo's and had to go through them for re-prints etc.....We got two disc's with more than 3000 photo's on them!

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Don't skimp on the photos.... they are all you will have after the day.

Get a GOOD photographer who does various location and artistic shots....

cut costs on the alcohol or flowers and get a good photographer.

I wish I did.. that's one thing we cut costs on and I regret it regret it regret it, especially when I see other people's absolutely gorgeous wedding shots

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally agree with what others have said - the photos and/or videos will be your memories for the rest of your life...not worth skimping on. I know quite a few people who have hired "cheap" photographers to save some money and almost always they are disappointed...
    It is also very true what others have said, no one ever thinks about the amount of work that actually goes into photographing a wedding...the hours on the day are the easy part.
    Having said that, I am a wedding photographer My prices are not "cheap" however definitely not expensive either, if you are interested PM me and Ill send you a link to my website and a price list

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we paid $7K total thought the original price was 3500, we got extra pages.
    WE got 6 hours with 2 photographers, from getting ready thru to start of reception, a dvd of the photos, an beautiful album ( this part cost the extra $3.5K)
    Having said that we asked a few friends to be snap happy and got 1500 photos free - one of which is my absolute fav!