+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Whooa that's expensive

I'm planning my wedding I'm October and in the process of trying to get a photographer. I'm just do shocked at the price.
    Would like to ask other bh'ers what they paid for photos, what that price included such as number of photographers, hours worked etc and after any suggestions for reasonably priced and good photographers in Sydney.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Depends what you want!! I was basic!
    I wanted all the pictures on cd so I can use whenever. I didn't want getting ready photos... Just photos of wedding and after. We paid for three hours in total. Our package cost $500. I made my own photo book album online after. I'm also an amateur photographer and worked as one of those candid photographers in a theme park so I was choosy about what I wanted.
    I have friends who had the whole day photographed, the massive package with really fancy photo book. The photos were lovely but it cost them thousands!!
    Totally depends what your happy with. I was happy with basic package, access always to my pics (so can change frames whenever I wanted) because we spent most of our money on the honeymoon!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DF and I are currently planning our wedding, also for around September and October, and we have both agreed that photography will be our most expensive cost for our wedding. It is very important to us to get good quality, professional photographs (especially to DF, him being a photographer himself).
    We are getting married overseas though, so I imagine the price wouldn't be worth mentioning here (and I also dont have a AUD converted price at hand).

Photography can be quite expensive, but it really is worth it, if thats important to you. If not, you could perhaps try to find some studying photographers who may be happy to do photos at your wedding at a studying professional level for a fraction of the cost (or free sometimes).
    Last edited by Guest1234; 07-03-2012 at 22:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi!

I haven't been married nor ever paid for a photographer, however, I know a guy in Sydney who has done a few shoots for fashion labels and catalogues etc, who might be interested in doing a wedding. Possibly much cheaper than others.

He is a family friend of a long time and he took some great candid shots for DD's birthday last year in Sydney. (DP, DD and I moved to Perth not long ago)

If you like I will ask him if he'd be interested in doing a wedding shoot for you. I understand if you don't want someone who hasn't done weddings before but he is quite good.

Let me know if you'd like more info to contact him etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got married in Nov last year and our photographer was just under $2k. For that we got 1 photographer for 6 hours coverage from us getting ready to the start of our reception - though we got probably an extra hour by the time she finished.
    We got two cd's of all our photos - one with print ready photos and one that was a slideshows. We got over 300 photos.
    We also got a lovely bound coffee table photo book that showcases the highlights of our wedding perfectly.

It was definitely one of the more expensive things but we wanted to make sure we got great photos which we did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I paid $1000 for 3hr ceremony, after photos and 1/2hr of reception. All on a disc with a leather flick album. I'm making my own photo book soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    I paid $2500 for 8 hrs 2 photographers photo's getting ready, ceremony, gardens & reception. We got over 900 photo's on disc to print whenever we want and an album with 100 prints.

What you have to take into consideration is once the photographer leaves your wedding the job isn't over there is still sorting & editing to be done which depending how many photo's are taken can take some time.

some photographers will work to your budget or as someone else suggest you could get someone who is just starting out.
    Last edited by mjayneb; 08-03-2012 at 01:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am currently planning my own wedding in June and I got a wonderful photographer that will give me 6 hours for &750 and that includes getting ready photos. But I am located in Adelaide not sydney. But yes they can be pretty pricey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours were taken by a friend of the family, and so she charged us 'wholesale' as she put it. $500 for the entire day, although only the girls pre wedding stuff. And she actually drove us to the hotel at midnight too We got every single shot she took on discs (1200) including about 40 'edited' photos.

We also paid about $1500 for a videographer package, which had him at both girls and boys prep, the ceremony and the reception until about 10pm. We have watched this DVD over and over and the money was more than worth it.

Even though our photographer was a friend and was lovely and great, I would choose differently if I had the choice again. At the time, it was a decision made with money in mind, but She just isn't MY style of photographer. I recently saw a friends wedding photos, her package was $2000 and I would pay her photographer that in a heart beat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DH is a photographer and is very big in the media industry so has lots of friends who can do different things ect so we got a photographer for free. We got pre wedding, ceremony, reception photo's and a video. It was over 2ks worth of work. We were extremely happy. DH got the RAWs and edited them himself though.

DH does a whole day for $500 for friends otherwise he charges $300 then $100 an hour minimum of $500. Then editing fees. I will say though it is extremely time consuming!! DH will be editing for hours on end after a session!
    Last edited by waterlily; 08-03-2012 at 06:33.