+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question switched to cows milk from formula; now DS hardly eats solids???

hi

not quite sure where to post but....

about 10 days ago i switched DS over from Karicare formula to cows milk, he has a small bottle for naptime and about 300mls at night, same amounts when on formula and he ate fine...he seems to like it, not vomiting, doesnt seem unsettled or have a rash etc etc but i have noticed a continued decline in the amount of solids he will now eat in this time since starting..today he barely ate breakfast and daycare said he barely ate lunch....does this mean the cows milk probably isnt agreeing with him / intolerance etc??? or should i just cut the amount of milk down , is it making him fuller..(im wanting to cut out the daytime "bottle" for sleep prop reasons mainly) , confused???..ive bought some lactose free milk to see if its makes a difference but there is a definite change in his eating since starting the cows milk......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never noticed it when I changed over, but I didn't go straight to full strength cows milk. I began with half milk, half boiled water. It's probably a bit heavier on his tummy.

Perhaps feed first, then give the bottle later? I saw recently that someone posted always to offer infants milk first, but in my experience its better the other way around if you actually want them to eat.

He may also have gone through a a growth spurt and has slowed afterwards so is just not as hungry. As long as he is contented and not diahorreary, you should be right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks....he never got a full strenghth formula anyway (about 3/4) so i will water down the milk a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe buy another tin of formula and see if it changes his appetite again? I switched back to toddler formula after I noticed DD wouldn't go to bed at her usual time for the 2 months she was on cows milk. She usually goes to bed happily at 7pm but would take up to 2 hours to settle in that cow's milk period. Strange!

Thanks
    Reviews
    300mls wow no wonder not hungry for solids

DD has never had that much now 18mths 180mls was the most