User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 6m still not rolling...

Hi all - I know each and every child is different, but every book I read and the babies at mothers group are at least rolling by 6m. Some are sitting up and crawling even.

My DS has gone from back to front 1-2 times unaided a few weeks ago, but that's it! He rolls up on his sides all the time, but won't continue over. Having toys around or me 'encouraging' isn't helping. He gets tummy time every day and we do
    Gymbaroo.

When should I start to worry, or is he just being lazy?! The only threads I found (on my phone) were all about crawling/walking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't stress!
    My daughter didn't roll til about 9 months I think and was crawling a few weeks later!
    She never liked tummy time.
    I guess all babies are different but don't worry she will roll soon !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    My DS didn't roll until nearly 10 months. He's just 11 months now and is crawling, standing on his own and walking behind a walker.
    Me 30 DH 30
    DS1 born 6 weeks prem in April 2011
    DS2, my little breechling, born naturally in May 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Amber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD2 had severe reflux and would just scream if we put her on her tummy. It was heartbreaking. But she happily sat up from 6 months and had great head control. At 9 months old we started to persist with tummy time- just a couple of minutes a day.
    She rolled at 11 months, and within 2 weeks was crawling, pulling her self up and cruising the furniture.
    There is such a huge range of "normal" when it comes to milestones. I wouldn't be too concerned just yet if I was you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    It happens quickly when it does and every child dies things at their own pace. I wouldn't worry
    Me 30 DH 30
    DS1 born 6 weeks prem in April 2011
    DS2, my little breechling, born naturally in May 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    My now 19 month DS didn't roll til he was very established at crawling- so around 11 months. Mind you, he is a big boy with a head circ in the 98th percentile so gravity was against him lol
    One more baby, is all I'm asking for

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boost For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD didn't really ever roll... She still crawled at 9 months and walked on her first birthday. She really didnt master rolling over until after that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Thanks everyone, you have made me feel so much better already!

DS has actually started trying to pull his knees up a bit in the past few days when on his tummy, so maybe he's already starting to learn the art of crawling?? He may go very quickly between the stages as you all say

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

My DD2 is 6 months too and not rolling much at all. She has rolled twice from tummy to back and that's it. She doesn't care for tummy time much, much like my first. I think you taking him to gymbaroo is probably helping him already. I took DD1 to gymbaroo when she was 18 months (that's when she started walking) but maybe will take this one a bit earlier.

I have been taking DD2 to a chiropractor because she used to favour her right side when she slept (I was worried about flat head) and that has helped her with her tummy time also. Also helped with her reflux. I'll be taking her again soon because I do notice afterwards she's more flexible and lifts her head up more when she's on her tummy. If you're interested find a chiropractor that has experience with babies.
    Me: 35 Him: 37 DD1: 6
    DD2: DOB 24/8/2011

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bibs For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (08-03-2012)