+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Eight Seater Car or Bigger

Hi
    We are thinking of TTC number 5... 2 step daughters and 2 little ones already- 3 of those are in car seats plus we have my neice often. We currently have a 7 seat Territory but would be looking for an 8 Seater- the other requirement is being able to get a pram and groceries/bags etc in. Any ideas????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once you get over an eight seater your choices are limited. We drive a Toyota Hiace Commuter minibus. It is s 12 seater (max. on a normal licence) but has no boot space.

But we bought it second hand. If you buy new, as friends did, you can change the seat configuration so that you don't have the back seat where ours is and you'd have a huge boot.

As it is, we fit the tent etc in the aisle when we go camping so the pram and groceries fit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've just bought a Kia carnival but it has 7 seats. While we were looking we looked at a Hyundai IMAX and it was awesome. 8 seats and heaps of room in the back and for each passenger. Looked very impressive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a VW Caravelle, it's pretty awesome. It's a really big van has 8 adult sized seats and 5 anchor points. My boot has a shelf (I don't know if it's standard) so I can fit my strider plus and groceries in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the VW Multivan (only 7 seats) but if the Carivelle is anything like it you will be very happy. It was the only one with more than 3 carseat anchors, fuel economy is better than the commodore we had. Because the seats are on tracks it is very easy to adjust to suit your needs(I put a washing machine in with the kids once)

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mercedes viano or Vito

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love my Kia Grand Carnival. 5 car seat anchor points but only lap seatbelt in middle seat. Excellent boot space as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have an IMAX. Awesome boot space, 8 seats, easy drive and good price.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mamajess For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (10-05-2012)

bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Mercedes Vito. Feels like a car to drive, can fit 8 adults (has 8 car seat anchor points too). The 2 back rows can be configured to face each other, or both face the front. Has car adapters to charge dvd's or game consoles on long trips in the back seats, and the boot space is huge, it fits our Baby Jogger Twin City Select standing up! It also is low enough to fit under most shopping centre car parking spaces. We love it!

The only thing we wish it had was a pop up window to drown out all that bloody noise in the back! (remind me never to go on a car trip with 6 kids for 'holidays'!
    Last edited by bgbgbb; 05-04-2012 at 06:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We absolutely LOVE our IMAX, 8 adult sized seats and an amazing boot, I put the double pram in without folding it up plus the groceries!