+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpottySocks View Post
    I like the nude food tubes, they come in packs of 3. The tubes themselves can screw together so you could have dip in the bottom and vege sticks in the top one and only need to use one lid. Although I mostly use them for yoghurt. the lids screw on & off easily for little hands and they don't leak.
    I was about to say the same thing. I have a link to them in my first post because I bought some for DS this year and they've been great,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like the nude food tubes, they come in packs of 3. The tubes themselves can screw together so you could have dip in the bottom and vege sticks in the top one and only need to use one lid. Although I mostly use them for yoghurt. the lids screw on & off easily for little hands and they don't leak.
    I actually looked at those today, but didn't like how they have to be used together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love the big nude food movers We have been using them for a few years now.
    DS was recently awarded house points at school fro his rubbish free lunch box They actually gave every student one of the sandwich holder ones to eliminate glad wrap

I put fruit and yogurt or dip in the little tubs, DD gets more fruit in the square end of hers because she simply can't live a day without watermelon!
    A small packet of chips/grainwaves or a big bear goes on top on the sandwich divider. DS will sometimes have tuna salad in his too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I actually looked at those today, but didn't like how they have to be used together.
    You don't have to use them together - you can just use one of the tubes with the lid as a standalone container. The ones I bought from Woolworths actually came with spare lids so you can use them as three separate containers if you like.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

share a book  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son isn't in school yet and day care supply all meals but reading these posts has freaked me out with so many rules and options lol

Lunch wrapping was so easy when I was kid - paper bag, glad wrap or if they ran out a vegemite sandwich in the empty bread packet lol

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louellyn View Post
    My son isn't in school yet and day care supply all meals but reading these posts has freaked me out with so many rules and options lol

Lunch wrapping was so easy when I was kid - paper bag, glad wrap or if they ran out a vegemite sandwich in the empty bread packet lol
    Some schools even encourage the children to put their food rubbish back into their lunch boxes so at the end of the day when mum/dad goes to clean it out, its got all the rubbish in there....it can be gross when its half a sandwich and crumbs from tiny teddies mixed together with the left over juice from the juice box....and I suppose its their way of saying "If you bring wrappers, rubbish will come home". Pretty much forces you to want to do waste free lunches Haha

8. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

RunningWithScissors  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    They don't have to be used together, you get 3 lids and 3 tubs in a pack. So you can choose to either screw them to each other or use them separately. I have 3 girls and they have one each.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They don't have to be used together, you get 3 lids and 3 tubs in a pack. So you can choose to either screw them to each other or use them separately. I have 3 girls and they have one each.
    Oh ok, it looked like the bottom of one was the lid for the next.

The school provides bins, and there is no policy to say it must be litter free, but they do have a reward system for those who have no litter. We don't use pre-packaged food, and have heaps of containers of different shapes and sizes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have children at school yet but DD1 goes to daycare 1 day a week and she has never taken anything that needed to be thrown out. he lunch box is completly little free by my choice the daycare doesn't mind. i have a heaps and heaps of containers though so it's pretty easy. she has yoghurt in a tupperware snack cup and fruit in a sistema rectagle taller container, a sandwich is a tupperware sandwich keeper. cheese and olives in a little decor container, cucumber and capsisum cut up in another little decor container and then a little muffin or slice in another tupperware snack cup