+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Keeping veggie & fruit fresh

We're trying to keep shopping to just once a week for better budget control. However fresh fruits and vegetable (leaf veggie like lettuce, boy choy, cuccumber etc...) normally go bad after 3-4 days although we keep them in the fridge. Is there any tips to keep them fresh until the end of the week? ta

Thanks
    Reviews
    With veg Iv cut up and used a bit of I put back in a zip sealed bag. Keeps very fresh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A friend lent me some tupperware containers. I guess they are the same idea as a crisper in the fridge, but they are more tightly sealed. From my use of them, they definitely seem to lengthen the life.

These ones:

http://www.tupperware.com.au/wps/wcm...rt++medium+set

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    A friend lent me some tupperware containers. I guess they are the same idea as a crisper in the fridge, but they are more tightly sealed. From my use of them, they definitely seem to lengthen the life.

These ones:

http://www.tupperware.com.au/wps/wcm...rt++medium+set
    Yes! I was just about to suggest fridgesmarts! I have the two medium, two small and a large that I brought from a fellow hubbers tupperware party last year. They.are.great. I get so much more life out of my fruit and veg, easily a week + and the produce is still as fresh as the day I brought it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    THanks.. That sounds great! Do you wash veg before putting them in the fridge?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I second (third) the Tupperware Fridge Smarts! They extend the life of veggies massively.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tupperware fridge smart

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesushi View Post
    THanks.. That sounds great! Do you wash veg before putting them in the fridge?
    Nope, not unless I am pre making a fruit salad or cutting up snack size tomato, celery, capisum, cucumber and celery.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (07-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The fridge smart are definitely great if you remember to use them and use them correctly. I'm useless at it so tend to only buy stuff I know I will use relatively immediately.